• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All going off in Fed Cup match between Romania and GB. Nastase sent from court, Konta walked off in tears soon after then came back and won. Not sure we have heard last of this one.

Oh match score 1-1

vogue

International Vice-Captain
yeah great player but has always been an absolute asshole...so disappointing but no surprise there...
Just watched the tv and seen him ******ed off out of the stadium..honestly you would think he would know better. Great players don't always make great managers..:(

Seems like he has been banned for a little while too..

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an utter prick Nastase is. Made a racist comment about Serena, behaved inappropriately with Keothavong, abused Konta and got himself kicked out of the stadium, all in the space of a couple of days.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What an utter prick Nastase is. Made a racist comment about Serena, behaved inappropriately with Keothavong, abused Konta and got himself kicked out of the stadium, all in the space of a couple of days.
Yeah, complete scumbag.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm torn over Maria Sharapova. She was definitely taking the drug to enhance her performance but her only actual "crime" was to not stop taking it when it became banned. It was more an act of stupidity than cheating. But on the other hand she knew it was a performance enhancing drug even when it was legal. I think the ban should have been longer in some ways but you can't get away from the fact that she has ****ing amazing legs.

harsh.ag

I'm torn over Maria Sharapova. She was definitely taking the drug to enhance her performance but her only actual "crime" was to not stop taking it when it became banned. It was more an act of stupidity than cheating. But on the other hand she knew it was a performance enhancing drug even when it was legal. I think the ban should have been longer in some ways but you can't get away from the fact that she has ****ing amazing legs.
I just want the grunts back.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Think it was a reasonable compromise in the end, especially given the performance enhancing effect had been somewhat overstated by the manufacturer (iirc they managed to hawk meldonium into something like a vitamin). Still, I enjoyed Sharapova Inc.'s defence essentially being that they were bloody stupid, and this should be a cause for a reduced penalty.

Would be farcical to put her into qualifying at the Slams though. Not like there's a wealth of French talent to toss wild cards at.

Niall

International Coach
Its happening guys, Mlad v Sharapova tomorrow, genuinely could be the highlights of the sporting weekend.:laugh:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sharapova beaten in the Semi's. Can't be arsed researching the how's and whys but it means she's relying on a wild card for the French, even the qualifying rounds. Will they have the balls not to give her one?

grecian

Ah well, without the drug she wont be in contention anyway. :D
She won 3 matches after a 15 month break, so yeah that makes sense.

Good match against Kiki, obviously I'm a bit gutted, but amazed by Maria's level after such a break.

Last edited: