• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

indiaholic

International Captain
well kohli is not at rafa's level in his sport yet...it could still be false modesty or a diplomatic comment but it may also be an honest self-evaluation of himself as a test player...also it is one thing to be competitive on the court/field, if you know you are better than someone else and has proved that again and again...but still says publicly that you aren't, that is hypocritical to me...you don't have to be considered a prick just because you say it out loud...with djokovic, it is a real rivalry and i get it if he thinks novak is better than him (it is at least arguable) but with federer and their lopsided head-to-head, it is clearly not the same...
Maybe he doesn't evaluate greatness based on his own head to head record?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i think you are trying to read into this more than what i am saying...or maybe you are deliberately missing the point...i don't know, let's just agree to disagree about this particular trait of rafa's...

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Gutted I missed the last three sets...thought Dimitrov had a chance still when it showed the game was 2 sets all on my phone. But just didn't happen.
So...Fed to win,I wish. Don't think it's going to be, but I shall be watching.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So happy that we get another one of these. Brings a tear to the eye.
Its just brilliant.

The negativity in this thread is so ****. Fed can win ffs, stop doubting the GOAT. Posts like vcs when they say "can't take anything for granted after US Open 2011" are just so odd. Damn man, if you can't take a win by the guy with 17 grand slams for granted you can't take anything in sport for granted, which is the point of sport. Anything can happen.

If Fed doesn't win its still a ****ing amazing tournament from him and just a great bit of tennis history. So glad that its happening in our country too. Fed fans need to just actually enjoy the sport of tennis instead of the wahhs. If you just want to watch something when Fed wins all the time regardless go rent a DVD.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its just brilliant.

The negativity in this thread is so ****. Fed can win ffs, stop doubting the GOAT. Posts like vcs when they say "can't take anything for granted after US Open 2011" are just so odd. Damn man, if you can't take a win by the guy with 17 grand slams for granted you can't take anything in sport for granted, which is the point of sport. Anything can happen.

If Fed doesn't win its still a ****ing amazing tournament from him and just a great bit of tennis history. So glad that its happening in our country too. Fed fans need to just actually enjoy the sport of tennis instead of the wahhs. If you just want to watch something when Fed wins all the time regardless go rent a DVD.
You're absolutely right. It's amazing either way. Actually I have loved watching Federer more than ever in 2014-15 where he was repeatedly denied by Novak in the big tournaments. What he does at 35 is incredible.

We have 4 legends at the top of the game and we're unlikely to ever see that happen again. It's just that there's been too many painful losses to Rafa and I personally find the matchup less exciting to watch than Federer-Djokovic, for example.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But Fed fans are old crusty ****s who don't know what a blue-ray is, so I went with DVD :ph34r:

Last edited: