• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a joke.

In all seriousness, Dimitrov at $3.20 is just crazy odds. Market has overreacted to Nadal beating Raonic in 3 sets. I'd have Dimitrov far shorter odds than that. Worth a go.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This is just not correct at all. The public mood here is overwhelmingly for Roger vs. Rafa. Its not even a question. Whilst people want Roger to win the Aus Open, they don't want it at the expense of what will be a magnificent story and tremendous moment in tennis history. That was obvious during Roger's post-match on-court interview when the prospect of Roger vs. Rafa got huge cheers, compared to just a few chuckles about the singing video when Dimitrov was talked about. And the media, social media and everything else which you can gauge public opinion supports this too.

i.e. what the public here generally value is the history and spectacle rather than just being one-eyed. They'll cheer Roger over Rafa, but not Dimi over Rafa.
ok we will see...i am not so sure...rafa has never been much of a crowd favorite...i don't really care one way or the other, just want the best chance for fed on sunday...if rafa goes through, fed starts the match at a crippling psychological disadvantage...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
i am not so sure...rafa has never been much of a crowd favorite...
That's just wrong. He's always been the second most popular player on tour. Novak gets more cheers in China and Murray in the UK but that's it. This is a weird comment, what are you basing this on? The only thing I can think of is the French crowd wanting him to lose?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono so defensive of Nadal. Hasn't defended him wrt his record being tainted after the document leaks last year though.

vcs

That's just wrong. He's always been the second most popular player on tour. Novak gets more cheers in China and Murray in the UK but that's it. This is a weird comment, what are you basing this on? The only thing I can think of is the French crowd wanting him to lose?
In general, more people will cheer for Fed over Rafa, but Rafa got really good support in those epic Wimbledon and Australian open finals. Not as much as Fed, but pretty good. He's widely loved. And people will go crazy over a Fed-Rafa final if it materializes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anil I'm at the stadium right now and they just did a poll via cheers on who wants to win. No contest for rafa just for the record.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In general, more people will cheer for Fed over Rafa, but Rafa got really good support in those epic Wimbledon and Australian open finals. Not as much as Fed, but pretty good. He's widely loved. And people will go crazy over a Fed-Rafa final if it materializes.
Yep, it's not even a question.

vcs

Anil I'm at the stadium right now and they just did a poll via cheers on who wants to win. No contest for rafa just for the record.
Lucky bastard. I hope for your sake it's a Fed-Nadal final.

DriveClub

International Regular
****, are you gonna go next year as well? If so we can meet up next year, I'm planning to go next year.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Nice one..enjoy... Am sat at home watching it on the tv...not the same at all. Envy you the experience. Hope you have a good seat!!