• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Fed. Hope he takes this home on Sunday. Been too long.

Fed's salt level after he lost that was ridiculous.
LOL I know. He called it a "lucky shot" or something. Classic Fed. :laugh:

That's why Wimbledon 2012 was so awesome for him to beat Novak and Andy back to back after that heartbreak moment.

Anyway, Fed coming back after a 6-month injury layoff at 35 to make the final in his first tournament at a Slam, no less (discounting Hopman Cup). Absolute legend. Enjoy him while he's around because we probably won't see his like again.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
IT IS HAPPENING!!!! So happy!

Federer is asked about the possibility of meeting Rafael Nadal in the final for the first time in six years. “It’s real now. I can actually talking about playing a finals for the first time. I’ve been dodging that bullet for the last couple of days. But this is the last one. I’ll leave it all out here in Australia and if I can’t walk for another five months, that’s ok. Rafa is the biggest challenge. This court allows me to be offensive. I’m probably his number one fan. We’ve had some epic battles over the years. It would be unreal to play here. I don’t think both of us though we were going to be here potentially playing in the final because I went to open his academy in Mallorca with him a few months back and I told him ‘I wish we could do a charity match or something’, but I was on one leg and he had the wrist injury and we were playing some mini tennis with some juniors and we were like ‘it’s the best we can do right now’. A few months later, we are maybe going to be in the finals. It’s a very special tournament for us already.”

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

vcs

Fed-Rafa final will be like Chinese water torture for us Fed fans though. Usually when it happens, I just wish it was over. :laugh:

I actually love watching him play everyone else, win or lose, these days.

DriveClub

International Regular
So fed is retiring after the final? Glad to hear the courts have quickened up this year, should be the case in courts around the world, serve and volleyers deserve a chance

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well done Federer... not too unhappy about him being in the final... just hoping now it's a Fed-Dimitrov one.

Spikey

real quick question: the other 27 times he's made a grand slam final, has he called it finals each time, like he did tonight? it's driving me insane. how did i not notice this before. it's enough to make me want jono's loser boy win

Burgey

Frothing for tonight. Been such an enjoyable AO this year.

Poor Dimitrov. Normally a comparatively new face having such a good run and a bit of a break out tourney down here would have the crowd right behind him, but I think if he ends up serving for the match tonight or on Sunday he'll have most everyone against him.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't know if people will be rooting for rafa over him other than spanish fans, the majority want federer to win the aussie open and they know he has a comparatively better chance against dimitrov so i wouldn't be surprised to see dimitrov suddenly becoming very popular at least in the semis...if he serves for the match against federer though, totally different story...:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
i don't know if people will be rooting for rafa over him other than spanish fans, the majority want federer to win the aussie open and they know he has a comparatively better chance against dimitrov so i wouldn't be surprised to see dimitrov suddenly becoming very popular at least in the semis..
This is just not correct at all. The public mood here is overwhelmingly for Roger vs. Rafa. Its not even a question. Whilst people want Roger to win the Aus Open, they don't want it at the expense of what will be a magnificent story and tremendous moment in tennis history. That was obvious during Roger's post-match on-court interview when the prospect of Roger vs. Rafa got huge cheers, compared to just a few chuckles about the singing video when Dimitrov was talked about. And the media, social media and everything else which you can gauge public opinion supports this too.

i.e. what the public here generally value is the history and spectacle rather than just being one-eyed. They'll cheer Roger over Rafa, but not Dimi over Rafa.

Last edited: