• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I see that came off as because they are American, but I more meant it is because they are BOTH American. IE same nationality. Could be both English, both French etc. The rivalry having come from the same nation and been rivals as juniors etc
i got you but the same nationality thing if at all a reason was a small part of it in my opinion...the funny thing is that agassi fell for and married someone who is basically a female equivalent of sampras...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****ing Nishi got bopped by Cilic.

Meanwhile the women's WTA tour finals was a great tournament considering no Serena, Sharapova or Azarenka.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cibulkova won, right? I've never seen her put a consistent run of performances together, so good for her.

You do get a few random results this time of the year, I think Radwanska won it last time..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most matches were just see-sawing affairs with great rallies. Yeah lots of breaks but that's life. Kuznetsova's run (including winning in Russia to qualify for the tournament the day before it started) was great, and Cibulkova just went full throttle against Kerber to knock her off. Was the better player all match.

Cibulkova lost her first 2 matches in the group stage yet qualified for the semi finals, then beat Kuznetsova and Kerber (who was undefeated) haha. Love the World Tour Finals when **** like that happens.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
of course you don't like the WTA Finals, Fed isn't playing so its not tennis ;)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Big fan of Jack Sock, he's on a good run here. His forehand is beastly and he's just a good guy. Got grit.

Meanwhile Dimi boy is a break up vs. Novak.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's been a bit less crap last 3 months though. If Querrey can take 3 sets off Novak in a Grand Slam...

Tsonga vs. Nishi seems a good match.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cannot express how bad Novak was when he served for the second set just then. Absolutely horrendous.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FMD he's getting pummeled now after failing to serve it out, down 2 match points.

aaaaaaand he's saved them.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha, who beat him? Hope Murray seals the deal, don't want Federer's 236 week record streak to be threatened. Murray might not come this close again.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure getting to number 1 will be a huge deal for Murray, but I just want him to finally win an Australian. Would take that and him never getting to number 1 any day.