• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Slagging of NK seemed harsh, but all for it when it comes to Monfils a mental midget if their ever was one. His first few sets were shameful this evening.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He made a semi final of the US Open. Since Wimbledon he's lost 3 matches, two of those to Novak. Not everyone can be number 1 in the world or ultra consistent. Calling Monfils unprofessional is harsh imo.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
honestly, monfils tanked and his explanation that he was trying on a new tactic was pure hogwash...mcenroe was right to criticize him...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i hope stan can take the fight to novak, if he is on his game, this should be a much more entertaining final than a novak vs andy slug-fest would have been...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the impressive thing about stan's victories are that he has beaten an almost unbeatable djokovic on the highest stages...can't name too many other players who have done that...he was already in the hall of fame, this more or less cemented his place...75% of the way towards a career slam, did he win all his slams after 30?! 2014 aussie open, 2015 french open, 2016 u.s open, 2017 wimbledon maybe...?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lack of action in the thread shows how interest in tennis will basically die out once Federer retires.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, Fed diehards are the worst. Best bit is you've got Burgey wahhhing about Sachin diehards when Fed ones are the same and he is one.

Stanimal was just so good. Nole's first loss at the US Open from a set up I believe. Can't believe twice Stan has lost the first set to him and then potted the next 3 sets in a GS final.

Big match player is a very accurate description.

Burgey

How utterly delcicious is the taste of Jono's unfathomably sad Nadal tears? He knows his juiced up boi won't catch Fed's record, and it's hurting him so bad.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
At least Jono doesn't come in here wahhing about how rubbish tennis is just because Nadal isn't winning three grand slams a year anymore.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, Fed diehards are the worst. Best bit is you've got Burgey wahhhing about Sachin diehards when Fed ones are the same and he is one.

Stanimal was just so good. Nole's first loss at the US Open from a set up I believe. Can't believe twice Stan has lost the first set to him and then potted the next 3 sets in a GS final.

Big match player is a very accurate description.
Mate of mine started playing tennis in his mid-30s, became a Fedtard and literally became obsessed with the game

We caught up for a beer the other day and he tells me that he is over it and Fed should've retired when he did :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good try but nah.

Clearly I'm a huge Rafa fan but I've cheered Novak vs. Rafa between 2012-2014 French, and cheered Delpo over Rafa almost everytime they've played. Meanwhile some of the Fed meltdowns here (his near loss to Delpo at the French in 09 sticks out) when he doesn't win or is pushed have been ridic.

I am a bigger tennis fan than a Rafa fan by a mile. I do wish Rafa had caught Fed but its pretty moot because I'm convinced Novak will get more than both of them, his current mini "slump" notwithstanding.

Burgey

I don't know if he will, because of the way he plays. He's pretty attritional too, and it eventually wears you down. I suppose it depends on who else steps up now Nadal and Federer are both well and truly on the wane, and I'd reckon Djokovic has Murray's measure for the most part.. You'd think there would be the occasional player who pops up like Stan does and knocks him off, but there isn't the intensity of the Nadal-Federer rivalry let alone when it became Djokovic-Nadal-Federer. So much will depend on how fit he stays.