• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was so horrible to watch. Very classless behavior from both guys on that occasion, especially Agassi.. Fed and Rafa must have been hoping the ground would open up and swallow them. Very embarrassing.
Lol, I remember when Federer was like "getting a bit tense here" on the mic :laugh:

After the match when Rafa was asked about it he said his English isn't very good and he couldn't understand what Andre and Pete were saying :lol: So good.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It was a reference to the infamous charity doubles match of Roger/Pete and Andre/Rafa when Pete and Andre had a wahhh at each other.
i didn't even know about this match, just watched it on youtube...yeah that was bad, agassi was an asshole and the normally stoic sampras takes the bait...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa doubles gold baby! Second gold medal for the champ.

Sad I've gotta now choose between delpo and rafa though in the singles. Gonna support delpo because he's overcome adversity i.e wrist injury and being trapped in a Rio elevator. #courage

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rafa doubles gold baby! Second gold medal for the champ.

Sad I've gotta now choose between delpo and rafa though in the singles. Gonna support delpo because he's overcome adversity i.e wrist injury and being trapped in a Rio elevator. #courage
Glad he got his gold, he can sod off and leave the singles one for Murray now.

Also managed to annoy the kids by turning off the athletics to watch the last few games to see him get the medal which was great.

Last edited:

morgieb

Anyone who doesn't wish for Delpo gold can GTFO. Murray and Nadal to piss off the greedy buggers.

Niall

International Coach
Anyone who doesn't wish for Delpo gold can GTFO. Murray and Nadal to piss off the greedy buggers.
Yeah unless you are Scottish or have money on Murray, no reason whatsoever to be cheering Murray in the final.

Immense match that, probably one of the best of the year:)

vcs

Hope he wins Gold this time. Remember that epic match he had against Federer at Wimbledon last time round.

flibbertyjibber

Well excuse me for wanting another gold in the GB total but Delpo can get hammered today please.

Will be chuffed for him if he wins though, be like Fiji winning the 7's against us, hard not to be pleased for them if they beat us.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Completely forgot the final was best of 5, thought Murray had a champ point.

He's been all over the place all tournament, following up a blinding set with a dud over and over again. Would be kind of amazing if he still managed to win.