• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Murray. Pretty boring game in the end, but it was a bit of a mismatch, and given who Murray has played in Slam finals in the past, I can't begrudge him for having an easier opponent. Far too good of a player to only have two Slams, AFAIC.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeeeeees!

Here's hoping he kicks on and wins a few more, regardless of the era a player as good as Murray should probably have won more than 3 Slams.

Career slam not impossible, which would be some achievement.

flibbertyjibber

Well done Murray, clinically brilliant there. Not much Raonic could have done, didn't play badly just got outclassed.

Makes you appreciate how good Djokovic is when he quite often destroys Murray when they play.

vcs

djokovic should be a little worried for the future seeing murray's performance here...
Djokovic just owns him in the important matches. Even Federer has done well against Murray in their recent matches...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Djokovic just owns him in the important matches. Even Federer has done well against Murray in their recent matches...
Interestingly Murray has a great record against Federer in his prime. Of course really big matches Federer's always stepped up. Would bet on Murray winning were they to play again soon.

Niall

International Coach
Well done Murray. Pretty boring game in the end, but it was a bit of a mismatch, and given who Murray has played in Slam finals in the past, I can't begrudge him for having an easier opponent. Far too good of a player to only have two Slams, AFAIC.
Yeah I see where you are coming from, but ultimately it was a final between two of 4 best grass courters in the men's game. Murray who is second best on the surface against the man who is third best on the surface,not exactly a mismatch, I like Milos, but the scoreline flattered him somewhat. Immense performance from Murray.

I don't think anyone begrudges him sacking of the Davis Cup, the US Open rather oddly has been a somewhat erratic slam from him over last few years, lets see how he does this time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Murray's won 3 slams yet has never been number 1.

That's got to be close to a record surely? By the time most people hit 4 or 5 you would expect them to have spent some time as the number 1?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I wonder how different their record would look had it been Djokovic and not Murray who required back shrgery around 2013/14. Murray dismantled Djokovic at Wimbledon 3 years ago and I'm sure his head to head was pretty good until Djokovic moved up a gear.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
didn't find his passing shots yesterday good to watch? They were pretty incredible.
Meh

I watched the Grand Prix before switching over for a couple of games and decided it was a foregone conclusion so watched the golf

To me, Murray is another Hewitt with, if possible, less personality

Great player but watching grass grow springs to mind