• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
A little. Venus' run hasn't been that impressive in terms of opponents she's beaten - Carla Suárez the best in her path and she got let off the hook by Kasatkina. However, I have mental question marks over how Kerber will handle playing Venus at Wimbledon, and she also had a pretty easy run.

$1.50 seems more fair.
Bookies knew, not good enough today from Venus especially in a pretty mediocre first set. Hopefully Jono like me did not get financially involved.

Vesnina seems lovely, but ****ing hell that was abject from her in the other semi final, Serena is gun, but that was to easy for her today.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Stop Gambhiring, man. :D Just believe.

Raonic will be tough but I think Federer will be careful not to let him get off to a flyer like he did vs. Cilic. Just hope his body holds up well, in a long match I'd still back him against anyone except Djokovic.
i am not...even jono didn't think that this time...:D

federer has been losing more often than not after tough five setters in slams in recent years and in this case, he is coming back from injury, what he did against cilic was a minor miracle, it would be too much to assume he can beat a significantly improved raonic immediately after...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i have a feeling serena is going to exact some revenge over kerber this time around...a one-sided low drama final wouldn't be too surprising...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
i have a feeling serena is going to exact some revenge over kerber this time around...a one-sided low drama final wouldn't be too surprising...
I wouldn't be surprised if she won easily. But the good thing is that these days she can't produce every day and is potentially vulnerable in every round. She's currently halfway to the Runners-up slam.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The CC crowd today really disgusted with Raonic daring to give Federer a match, aren't they. Loudest cheer so far was for a Raonic DF.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Came through a shaky game there. Could gee Raonic up now. Federer was threatening to run away with it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to give Raonic credit there, he did hit back hard when challenged. But FMD, two DF's from 40-15 up?