• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Deadset if you have QF tickets at Wimby at court 1, you'd think you'd get better matches than two serve-bots and Pouille vs. the Czech flash **** (as Kim would say)
To be fair the Vesnina v Cibby and Venus v Shvedova were no crackers either Yesterday on the same court.

I haven't seen much of Pouille, would like him to win as Berdych bores the absolute arse of me.

Niall

International Coach
Also will say the price of Murray betting wise is absolutely demented, 1/10 with most bookies. Insanity, Tsonga deserves more respect than that on grass:@

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best match of Wimbledon. They were sooo good... Would suck balls if Federer lost to Raonic now though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also will say the price of Murray betting wise is absolutely demented, 1/10 with most bookies. Insanity, Tsonga deserves more respect than that on grass:@
Haha yeah this one is particularly ridiculous. But every underdog today was way too long. Even Querrey and Cilic (losses notwithstanding) were silly odds.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loved the match. One of Federer's greatest performances. You don't reach a semi so close to your 35th birthday. Too good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good one. Why does Federer keep getting my hopes up haha. He'll probably end up losing tamely in the next round or the final. :D
Yeah, I still don't think he will win the whole thing. But my hopes are increasing too.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
So home for the Tsonga Murray match having missed one of the best matches it seems. Good on Federer. He keeps moving further on to the final.
Like Tsonga. But fancy Murray really .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved the match. One of Federer's greatest performances. You don't reach a semi so close to your 35th birthday. Too good.
Connors reached a US Open semi at 39, and Agassi made a US Open final in 2005 at 35, where Federer beat him in a tough match. But yeah, it is pretty fantastic. Hopefully he can make it to the final.

Murray looks off so far, and Tsonga is playing pretty well. Missed a couple of chances to break back.

Niall

International Coach
Its been pretty close this Murray match, be very interesting to see what happens if Tsonga was to win this set.

Pouille pretty much dead against Berdych in the other quarter, some moments of fun, but not exactly a classic whatsoever.

vcs

Pathetic from Pouille. What a tragedy that he beat a tired Delpo.
I was also disappointed that Delpo lost to him, but getting this far is not a bad effort. Obviously he was going to be gassed after that match vs. Tomic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was also disappointed that Delpo lost to him, but getting this far is not a bad effort. Obviously he was going to be gassed after that match vs. Tomic.
Why? Berdych played 5 sets too and even played yesterday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Muzz is amazing but we needed Tsonga to win that set. I fear this runs away from Tsonga now. He had his chances too but Muzz is just a freak athlete.

vcs

Been awesome so far, but get the feeling losing that set after playing so well might take the wind out of Tsonga's sails. I'd expect him to have a letdown now.