• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Trying to think of a defending champion who had a more unlikely defeat. Boris Becker against Peter Doohan in 1987 springs to mind but that was a long time ago. Maybe Hewitt against Karlovic in 2003.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time to eat humble pie. Happy I'm wrong. That 4th set before the rain delay was bizarre though, looked like Querrey was gonna break a lot...but it took him being broken to actually do it.

Wonder what Johnny Groove has to say about this.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is Barry White umpiring the current Serena game? He sounds awesome. Definitely helps ***y up the game more than it deserves.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
So,catching the Kyrgios match against Lopez. He leads 2-1 . Start of 4th set. Hopefully going to see some decent play from Kyrgios ..

vogue

Well, I for one would like to be sat tomorrow watching Kyrgios vs Murray. I'd put my money on Murray, but I think the tennis will be good if Kyrgios comes out to play..:cool:

And idiot umpire calling time violation on the final point of the match...yeah go there why don't you!!!???

Last edited:

vogue

19year old Zverev playing some good tennis against Berdych. Takes the third set in a nice fight back ..

vcs

Berdych wins..but Zverev definitely one to watch in the future for sure .
The guy also has the looks of a Greek God. He's going to be a marketing dream as well if his career really takes off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Today will probably be the best day of tennis for the tournament, lots of closely matched opponents playing each other

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm finding Gasquet/Tsonga, Nishi/Cilic, Radwanska/Cibulkova and Keys/Halep really interesting. Trying to see the value in these (slight favourite is the person I've mentioned first for each match).

vcs

I'm finding Gasquet/Tsonga, Nishi/Cilic, Radwanska/Cibulkova and Keys/Halep really interesting. Trying to see the value in these (slight favourite is the person I've mentioned first for each match).
Surely Tsonga is going to be at a heavy disadvantage after his long match vs. Isner yesterday. I'd back Gasquet to blow him away.