• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be fair to Castle he was a decent presenter on breakfast tv when he did it, not that that is setting the bar very high seeing as we now have Piers Morgan doing it over here.

The First4Lawyers advert was cringeworthy though.
I've never understood the theory behind having someone so divisive for breakfast TV or radio. But they keep on doing it, in different countries... I dunno.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Cilic giving Murray a bit of a run for money this second set.. 5-3 up... Getting interesting..

vogue

Murray just going up another gear to get to the final. Cilic playing well but Murray showed class,his returns on serve just breathtaking.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ZVEREV BABY!

Such a good win over Fed, he is great to watch. Unfortunately Thiem lost to Mayer as that would have been a good final.

vogue

Just thinking it will be funny if Raonic gets through against Tomic (not a given ), the two coaches being Lendl and McEnroe ... A great rivalry existed between the two ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kyrgios in the crowd watching Tomic. Non-Aussie commentators discussing them. Love how baffled they are by them both :laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Fed isn't doing much at Wimbledon this year...too far away from where he needs to contend...

vogue

Looking to see if Raonic comes more into the net with the influence of his coach,and whether he's going to bother Murray more ...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Florian Mayer (ATP-192) about to win his first title in five years (and his only other one was a Tiriac tinpot over Andujar in Bucuresti)

Fmd Halle/Westfalen is grim when Federer isn't at his best

vogue

Florian Mayer (ATP-192) about to win his first title in five years (and his only other one was a Tiriac tinpot over Andujar in Bucuresti)

Don't feel Federer will be going too far at Wimbledon this year

vogue

Some great tennis here from both guys, Raonic coming into the net more,and just taken the first set in a tie- break.
McEnroe definitely having an influence on his game. Could see Raonic being a contender at Wimbledon for sure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I love Murray, that second set fight back was brilliant.

Who cares if he can't beat a once in a lifetime tennis God. He's still a champ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

He ended up still winning but you went early here!

vogue

I love Murray, that second set fight back was brilliant.

Who cares if he can't beat a once in a lifetime tennis God. He's still a champ.
What I love to see is when any sportsperson gets into the 'zone' for want of a better word..beautiful to watch
Murray up 2-0 in the third.