• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I watched Federer's match yesterday. Was serving deep but had a close game as the opponent, though lowly ranked, played well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Federer seemed to be playing decent today. Thiem played a really good game to break him in the third set.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if he stays injury-free for the rest of the summer, he may be able to have a good run at flushing meadows...i wouldn't be surprised if he goes out the 1st week itself at wimbledon...

vcs

There are more players who can beat him on hard court. Hope he plays well at Wimbledon.. doesn't feel right if Federer plays poorly over there.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i am talking about him not being 100%, not even close right now...it is not about grass and hard courts...if he is healthy and playing well, he will beat most comers on either surface...

vcs

More wishful thinking on my part than anything else. Probably his last realistic chance to make a decent run at Wimbledon. Saying that, Connors got to the US Open semifinal at about 40, so you never know.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
McEnroe coaching Raonic could be interesting..could be short lived too! Looks a strange combination from the outside..

vcs

LOL.. even India have Vijay Amritraj who once made a Wimbledon QF.. :D I wonder who they'll roll out once he decides to call it a day though. :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Castle beat 429th ranked Stuart Bale from UK and 110th ranked New Zealander Russell Simpson on that golden summer of '86.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Gasquet having a relatively easy time of it against Johnson.. Has to be said his choice of shirts not bad . Quite stylish

cpr

International Coach
Bah, forgot about Queens, oh well nothing of much interest this early in the week anyway.

TBF to Castle, he did reach the third round of the US open too. He's no Jezza Bates though, that's for sure.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
LOL.. even India have Vijay Amritraj who once made a Wimbledon QF.. :D I wonder who they'll roll out once he decides to call it a day though. :ph34r:
Hey so did Ramesh Krishnan...lost to Zivojinovic that year...