• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
broncoman said:
bottom half of the draw action in the Mens part of he draw tonight. Haas gets Malisse on court 3 this time, perhaps a chance of a centre court match. Ivanisevic vs Hewitt should be a beauty in top half action.
Sharapova vs Hantuchova on centre court, but its last up so wont be on till bout 3am australian time.
That's not fair! 5am NZ time, I can't manage that I don't think.

Ah well, at least they replay the whole day's play on Sky Sport 3 the next afternoon.

Simon

ill be up for the live telecast, and hey might as well catch the replay tomorrow, regardless of the standard of play!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****! I just looked at the scores. Simon is going to be ****ed - Haas lost in four to Malisse. Just a few hours ago Simon was telling me how he though Haas was going to make it to the Semis and Haas should beat Malisse comfortably.

Poor Simon.

Simon

yes poor simon!!!!!

haas just cant serve, way too many double faults and not enough aces, Malisse is a damn good player though, i expect him to go pretty far in this tournament now....

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Can't believe I missed it! Bloody girlfriends who don't like sport. How did he play Waughney? Was it incouraging?
scud looked alright, did enough to win, should make the quarters id imagine

Waughney

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Can't believe I missed it! Bloody girlfriends who don't like sport. How did he play Waughney? Was it incouraging?
What you'd expect, fair few aces some good passes and volleys. Didn't really get tested on his rallying due to his similar-playing opponent, Verkerk.

Simon

Rainer Schuettler and Florian Mayer, he took out Coria yesterday and is a good up and coming player, now with a pretty good draw could turn some heads.

also of course my tip Grojean and like to see the 2 aussies lleyton and the poo do well.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Federer was awesome against Johansson earlier, he played immaculate tennis & makes it look so easy. I can't really see anyone else beating him this year (sorry Tim!).

Simon

Schuettler out too, that leaves me with Grojean, Mayer and Alexander Popp whos currently up 2 sets to 0 against Carlsen

_Ed_

Henman v Arazi was a very exciting match, Arazi played really well and was completely dominating for a while, but the crowd seemed to pull Henman through.

Simon

arazi had his chance in the 4th set, had he won that game at 2-0 (15-40) i suspect he would have almost gone onto win the match.

Sudeep

International Captain
Could Miss Golovin's shorts get any shorter?

In another note, Bhupathi, get back with Paes. We want to see you guys win TOGETHER.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well, Tim's beaten the Scud in another Henman special. Can the health of the Nation withstand another one? lol. Mario Ancic in the 1/4s.

Simon

henman is set to be beaten in another semi i think, roddick should make the final, grosjean still in the tournament and looking good, and the young german florian mayer is going well, hes definately one for the future.