• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't really judge Murray on his inability to beat Djokovic. Nobody can beat Djokovic these days (apart from Vesely :ph34r:) and Federer manages it occasionally in relatively inconsequential matches.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Really? I'd stay that is a minority view. Stan goes to water way more than Murray imo. He's lost plenty of matches he should have won. Its just that Stan has a game where if he's on, he's capable of beating anyone. Murray doesn't have that.
Don`t get me wrong he plays absolutely ****e sometimes but even when playing badly he goes for everything.... he never seems to back off. Wawrinka has bad games (lots of them) but I feel he always goes in with belief... Murray put under serious pressure by a top player seems not to have that belief... he almost starts thinking to himself "not again!"...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I agree with that. Stan never craps himself, but I do feel he gives up (e.g. vs. Nadal at Monte Carlo).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man that last point of that set :-O

If Rafa isn't winning that set, not sure how he's ever beating Novak. Having said that, agree with Robbie Koenig and Jason Goodall. Rafa needs to just can the backhand down the line, and always go cross court on his backhand to Novak's forehand. Everytime he hits his backhand to Novak's backhand he gets owned with a cross court backhand shot by Novak, which forces Rafa error on the forehand

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Early break, and Novak has had a massive wahh. What a competitor, has such ridiculous standards of himself.

vcs

This could be a pretty huge match in the context of this season and the future course of this rivalry. Rafa seems to be playing really well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This could be a pretty huge match in the context of this season and the future course of this rivalry. Rafa seems to be playing really well.
Yeah I get the feeling Novak knows it too. He is so tense, whinging and hitting his racquet a lot. He gets the significance imo

vcs

Feels a lot like Federer-Djokovic WTF 2012 final.. Djokovic coping with everything his opponent can throw at him and coming out on top in a tight, high-quality match. Anyway, let's see how this tiebreak goes. Amazing level from both.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man Novak, what a player. Just willed himself back in both those sets.

Nadal played well but he'll kick himself he didn't at least win the second.