Cricket Player Manager
Page 876 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 376776826866874875876877878886926976 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 15542
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: *Official* Tennis Thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Cray.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Good on Ferrer for finally winning a Masters 1000. Yes he won it with no Rafa and Fed, and Murray and Novak tanking or semi-tanking because the World Tour Finals in London is next week, but that is exactly what makes Ferrer such an admirable player. The big 4 are not a threat and so he takes advantage and doesn't let this opportunity slip. What a gun.

He may be fit enough anyway to not let his run affect him too much in London, and he deep down probably knows he's not winning London anyway whereas this Paris tournament was a golden opportunity.

Another Novak vs. Murray classic. Gotta be not only the best contest in tennis right now, but one of the best contests in professional sport. Had so many great battles this year.

Djokovic - ends the season as World Tour Champion (beating Fed) and #1 ranking. Brilliant. What a legend he is.

Great tournament from Fed and Murray too, and really, great years from both of them.

Fantastic year of tennis overall (with the Davis Cup final still to come next week) with each one of the big 4 winning a major.

Watch our for Juan Martin Del Potro next year, came storming home late in the year and really should have made the World Tour final instead of Nole. Had him on the ropes and couldn't put him away. Also it will be interesting to see if Ferrer can keep competing in literally every tournament he plays next year like he did this year. Was a great year for the little Spanish bull.

No surprise to hear Fed complaining about court speed after his loss. No complaints in 2010 and 2011 when he won though.

Federer wants faster courts to encourage attack - Yahoo! Sports

Brad Gilbert on Twitter agreeing with me, curious timing for Fed. Couldn't wait a few days.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    No surprise to hear Fed complaining about court speed after his loss. No complaints in 2010 and 2011 when he won though.

Brad Gilbert on Twitter agreeing with me, curious timing for Fed. Couldn't wait a few days.
    Gilbert, Cronin, Bodo and Harman. The Big Four.

But yeah it comes across as a bit self-serving.

Anyway, waiting for proper doping tests.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Such massive muppetry at display by Fedex yesterday. Had money on Novak 2-1 at 3.75 and Federer 2-1 at 5.00. Thought I could go to sleep at 4 am when Federer was a set down and 5-3 in the second set.

Was raging so hard when I woke up and saw 7-5 Novak. Federer WAC.
    Last edited by Teja.; 13-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Banned

Just a tad unfair on Fedex... he did say that he was happy with that particular court. Just said that in general, courts these days are slow to please crowds who love long rallies... and he has a point.
    Shouldntve said it right after the loss though

Tomic: I can be best ever - ABC Grandstand Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The guy is deadset the biggest dickhead. WAC. Can **** off and do one, tbh, no way I want him representing this country.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Heh, Bernie.

Rafa out of the Australian Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Tomic: I can be best ever - ABC Grandstand Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The guy is deadset the biggest dickhead. WAC. Can **** off and do one, tbh, no way I want him representing this country.
    are there people who actually take him seriously when he makes these ridiculous assertions and excuses?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Typical of Nadal, more than happy to play when he's beating up nobodies, but when a real champion like Novak comes along he has a cry and fakes an illness to protect his 'legacy'.

Rafa out of the Australian Open.
    he will probably still sleep-walk through and win the french but the rest of the season is a big question mark for rafa....good chance for delpo to become the new member of the big four...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    are there people who actually take him seriously when he makes these ridiculous assertions and excuses?
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    he will probably still sleep-walk through and win the french but the rest of the season is a big question mark for rafa....good chance for delpo to become the new member of the big four...
    I don't think he is a lock for the French Open, and I agree with the rest of your statement. It is all downhill for him from here.

Good article about the possibilities of the rest of Rafa's career here:

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/12/j.../#.UOD7rm-SrE8

Thread Information