• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Del Potro makes his return in 30 or 40 minutes against Kudla, the good news for Juan is I have money on Kudla as I can't understand how Juan can be such a strong favorite after been away so long.:laugh:

Kudla is average though.:-O

Niall

International Coach
Wow, thought backing Pakistan to win the world cup would not be surpassed in terms of stupidity when it comes to betting this year, but putting money on a mug like Kudla:laugh:

Not sure what to make of Juan so far, you can see glimpses of his awesomeness, but the backhand doesn't look great and ultimately he is playing an opponent who is ****ing abysmal. :laugh:

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Nah bet was fine. Delpo was short
I was planning to lay Juan hard this week, but looking at his next few opponents not keen.

Smith a challenger next from Australia, and then an out of form Chardy.

Looking at the outright prices I'd assume Del Potro v Chardy will go off about 4/5 v evs.

Can't get excited about backing Chardy in 2016 at that price sadly.:sadwalk:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha yeah, though Halep did lose to Ana. But point taken.
Well the thing is none of them were that surprising oddly, the only two in any form at all were totally knackered from St. Petersburg. Muguruzav and Simona have won two tour matches this year, Petra one, and they all seem to be vaguely injured. CSN possibly the biggest surprise.

Niall

International Coach
Chardy odds on against Del Potro before I could bet him. :sadwalk:

Obviously Chardy is not exactly a world beater in 2016, but this is a decent test for Del Potro, good be a good match. :)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chardy's only real dent on tennis was Lim dragging Sharapova in that tweet, otherwise he could disappear in the ether easily.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Delpo $1.50 fav vs Querrey. Ooof, will give that a miss. But I hope he wins!

Meanwhile Kyrgios has bitch slapped Gasquet and Berdych back to back!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Delpo smashng him. WAG!
del Potro is a champ. Loved his answer about Kudla:

So when the 2009 U.S. Open champion was asked about his second-round opponent in the Delray Beach Open, del Potro shrugged his shoulders and deadpanned: ''I don't know him. For two years I was at home, watching `The Simpsons.'''

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Delpo lost. wahh. Querrey was too tough an opponent this early.

That $1.50 looked ridiculous and proved to be the case.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You get the feeling that this coming clay-court season is make or break for Rafa's career. Still not ready to write off a champion like him. Federer proved us all wrong after 2013, and Nadal himself has come back from injuries so many times. But if he can't win a big title or two on clay this year (even ATP Masters 1000 level), I feel he might call it a day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dont' get how he has gone from being back to very very good late last year (beating Murray and Stan twice at the end of last season, and making the semis of the ATP World Tour finals) to being total **** right now (losing while up vs. Cuevas and Verdasco).

His serve is a joke. I was flipping tables seeing him vs. Cuevas today.