• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
these WTA finals have been quite unpredictable to say the least.
Must admit, even as a big WTA fan, this year was an huge disappointment unless you were a Serena fan, and even that ended in disappointment. So many of the other players injured or out of form, and without the main draw in tennis the finals looked like being more of the same. With the horribly slow court.

Yet it's been great fun so far, the players have seen to learn from last year that variety is the way to play here, and it's just not let up in good play really.

grecian

Wow I've lost SOOOOOOO much money on this, but good for Aga I suppose.

1.58 just seemed like they were giving me cash.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow I've lost SOOOOOOO much money on this, but good for Aga I suppose.

1.58 just seemed like they were giving me cash.
Oh wow, bad luck man but I saw this completely the opposite way. I don't mean to be that hindsight guy, but after all the upsets this tournament the first thing I did was lay Mugu. I saw that as kind of short.

Have gone against Sharapova here too as the value play. I think at this level with for the most part the best women playing (being the WTA finals) you'd want to be far superior to your opponent to be at $1.3-$1.6 which I've seen a lot this tournament (e.g. Halep vs. Rada, Kerber vs. Safarova, Rada vs. Pennetta).

grecian

Oh wow, bad luck man but I saw this completely the opposite way. I don't mean to be that hindsight guy, but after all the upsets this tournament the first thing I did was lay Mugu. I saw that as kind of short.

Have gone against Sharapova here too as the value play. I think at this level with for the most part the best women playing (being the WTA finals) you'd want to be far superior to your opponent to be at $1.3-$1.6 which I've seen a lot this tournament (e.g. Halep vs. Rada, Kerber vs. Safarova, Rada vs. Pennetta).
Oh I greenbooked after the first set to win about a fiver, so I didn't lose, just being melodramatic, but I would have won loads if mugs had won.

Good bet on Petra as it stands, hope you greenbooked after the first set too, because Maria looks kinda fearsome here now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Both players undefeated lose the semis, haha unbelievable. What a tournament. Rada and Kvitova would have thought they were gone in the group stages after being 1-2, instead they're playing off in the final.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fed vs rafa in basel, meeting after quite some time i believe...how will rafa fare against his bunny?

Niall

International Coach
Both players undefeated lose the semis, haha unbelievable. What a tournament. Rada and Kvitova would have thought they were gone in the group stages after being 1-2, instead they're playing off in the final.
The irony as well in Aggie you have a player who her whole career has never been able to win anything worth a damn getting into a final this way.

I wouldn't have laid Mug against Aggie, and I did think about laying Maria against Kvitova, its just Petra is a player I try to avoid unless I want to get involved in play.
Fair play to those who laid both favorites though.

On the Verdasco v Garcia thing, I should have gone in more detail, but was rushing.

The match opened up at 1.57 Verdasco, which is fair enough. 7-1 H2H, but kicked off close to even money with a lot of bookies, one of them pinnacle who are quality and know their stuff.

Unnibet a huge European bookmaker did not offer it live, which is concerning, clearly they were filled in.

Verdasco has been accused of all sorts before, but you would think someone like him would not need to get involved in this sort of stuff.

But heh, as their is numerous journeymen challenger players that have done this and have not been touched, suppose you can't blame him.

Rant over.:@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I remember following a match I was certain Juan Ignacio Chela tanked. He was like 4-0 up in the second set and a set up and the odds on Betfair still had him long as ****. The fix was in.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointed with Muguruza since Wimbledon. I thought she was a genuine new star. Kvitova v Radwanska could be a good final though (not that I'd put money on it).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome, we're going a third set. Rada choked that second away a bit at 3-1, but credit to Kvitova. Loves a come back when she's down in a set - just starts to hit freely.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Disappointed with Muguruza since Wimbledon. I thought she was a genuine new star. Kvitova v Radwanska could be a good final though (not that I'd put money on it).
She's going to end the season ranked #4 in the world and won all her matches in this tournament except a tight semi vs. Rada who may win this tournament. I think she's been pretty good, don't you reckon?. Did you think she'd win more tournaments?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
She's going to end the season ranked #4 in the world and won all her matches in this tournament except a tight semi vs. Rada who may win this tournament. I think she's been pretty good, don't you reckon?. Did you think she'd win more tournaments?
Her US hard court season was terrible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep true but great in the Asian swing. Guess it depends what your expectations are.

Meanwhile so happy for Radwanska. What a tournament for the underdogs! So unpredictable.

Now its time for Rafa vs. Fed! Never thought I'd see them play another final again tbh