• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Amazing. Does this happen with Arsenal?
I have a small chunk in my wall from when I threw something else against United earlier in the season. But this is kind of a ridiculous special case because for a couple of years I've wanted him to win it twice as much as anything else and it's almost literally the only thing he hasn't won. Only thing comparable probably would've been if Arsenal had lost the cup final last year, but they didn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa winning Stuttgart grass tournament, good start to the grass season. Had a couple of battles with Baghdatis and Tomic as well on the way to winning that.

In a battle with Dolgopolov at Queens actually. Had to save match point in the second set, and just gave up his lead (up a break) in the third.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
who will win wimbledon this year? for me it is between murray and djokovic...
yeah those two are the two most likely. Depends if Wawa shows up, that guy has no consistency whatsoever so he might as well lose in 4 in the second round

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Murray has lost his last eight matches against Đoković. I know the record is different at Wimbledon but Novak is always a threat to break Andy's serve.

Always a chance Đoković stuffs it up against someone else, of course.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Laura Robson made her comeback. Having turned down a Wild Card into the main draw and instead taking a place in the first qualifying round she lost 6-0 6-1 to Russia's Daria Gavrilova at Eastbourne. Presumably she'll get a Wild Card for Wimbledon.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because he was hampered by his back surgery, he was ****house last year. Was never winning it.
Took him a lot longer to recover than anyone expected. Clearly one of the top 3 players now and will presumably get seeded 2 to avoid Djokovic until the final. Not that they are biased and will try and make it easier for him or anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was odd because if you remember he looked rusty at the Aus Open but showed a bit late in his match vs. Federer in the4th round (or quarter?) in 2014 before being eliminated. Everyone was saying that he showed a lot considering what he had come back from, and he'll improve as the season went on. But he didn't, he was relatively below par (for him) for the rest of the season for the most part.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He wasn't completely ****house last year tbf. Got to at least the quarters of each slam. Just wasn't good enough against the top players.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did he not breeze to the quarters before being knocked out? Or am I mixing up Wimbledons?
No you're right he cruised to the quarters, and went in favourite vs. Dimitrov. But it was clear he was hampered from his surgery when you look at his losses.