• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Swingpanzee

International Regular
US Open Murray won was a great match, this isn't. Previous Aussie opens that Djokovic has beaten Murray in have been masterclasses by Novak. This is probably the lowest standard of all their finals in grand slams but arguably the most entertaining.
I didn't watch that USO finals because of timezones, the Murray-Djoko 2012 semi here was a good match I'd agree. I still don't think they produce the most exciting type of tennis to watch, but maybe that's just my opinion.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure how many long hauls Murray has had since his injury, don't think it's many. Djokovic is far likelier to keep his level up.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They go through such peaks and troughs physically and with their play. Can kind of see why some think their doped up to their eyeballs.

cpr

International Coach
It's great that the BBC find themselves having to apologise every time Murray swears. Don't put a Scot on live TV at 8am if you're worried about language...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Could do with Murray getting something from his inner reserves and winning a few games to stop the media narrative being too cheating foreigner.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you care about the result I'm not sure how you can't find it fascinating tbh.
Yep, I guess that was the problem, wasn't bothered who won, so the drama wasn't there for me. Actually I guess it's my problem with Men's tennis nowadays, Rafa, Andy, Novak do nothing for me.

I wish I could hate them even. For a while their standard was so high, I'll admit some of it was incredible viewing, but that level seems to be dropping and no-one is coming through, yet.

Stan and Marin showed it's possible, but they're not exactly young.

The bloke that was odds-on at the start of the Tournament won without really ever being at his best, if I was a fan I guess I'd be delighted, like you no doubt are:)

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Yep, I guess that was the problem, wasn't bothered who won, so the drama wasn't there for me. Actually I guess it's my problem with Men's tennis nowadays, Rafa, Andy, Novak do nothing for me.

I wish I could hate them even. For a while their standard was so high, I'll admit some of it was incredible viewing, but that level seems to be dropping and no-one is coming through, yet.

Stan and Marin showed it's possible, but they're not exactly young.

The bloke that was odds-on at the start of the Tournament won without really ever being at his best, if I was a fan I guess I'd be delighted, like you no doubt are:)
Yeah pretty much this. Can't say I'm a tennis fan really. Just follow Federer and Wawrinka, cbf about 90% of the matches.

I guess I find doubles the most entertaining. None of the grinding tennis, it's way quicker and a lot more netplay and entertaining in general.