• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Federer being an absolute **** in this match with Monfils and the crowd are letting him have it.

Funny when he loses his wankerness comes out. His "sportsmanship" has always been overrated.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yesssssssssss. 2 sets and a break up. FINISH HIM MONFILSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mirka calling Stan a crybaby when her husband is the biggest crybaby in tennis is incredible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, ****ed him up good. Straight sets.

Playing Monfils when 1-0 down instead of Gasquet ir Simon was a brilliant move. Go for broke with a box office big game player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Huge win by Stan and Fed in the doubles, and now looks like the French are playing Gasquet ahead of Tsonga against Federer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed about to complete his tennis trophy collection tonight. Great effort considering his back injury and his wife being douche to Stan.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
All right, new season, new chances etc etc cliche bs. Let's roll.

Tbh haven't watched much of this season but as I'm typing I'm watching the Hopman Cup which I always enjoy. I've heard Nadal lost pretty badly against Murray and recently he lost to Michael Berrer in Doha. Having not watched his matches I will assume his losses to just be due to rustiness and nothing more. Nadal's the kind of guy who come a GS can blitz everyone and play and run and run like a mad dog until the sun sets on the British Empire so I'm not counting him out at all.

My man Roger won his second round in Brisbane in three sets against a somebody - three sets, not the best I'm hoping he goes all the way in the AO this year. Does he face Simon now? If so he's gotta up his game a bit, would love to see him win Brisbane and enter the AO with some kind of confidence given the loss in momentum after the injury he sustained in the World Tour Finals.

Regarding my second fav the Stanimal I'm not sure what to predict. As brilliant as he can be when he is in the zone as he was about this time year, he is extremely mercurial. Fingers crossed he finds some kind of consistency, really the only real thing that's preventing him from achieving plenty of success.

And to end a pretty shambolic half-musings post: Juan Martin Del Potro Will Play The Australian Open, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Will Not

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbh haven't watched much of this season but as I'm typing I'm watching the Hopman Cup which I always enjoy. I've heard Nadal lost pretty badly against Murray and recently he lost to Michael Berrer in Doha. Having not watched his matches I will assume his losses to just be due to rustiness and nothing more. Nadal's the kind of guy who come a GS can blitz everyone and play and run and run like a mad dog until the sun sets on the British Empire so I'm not counting him out at all.
Murray was rust for sure, and Rafa beat Stan the next day so wasn't too worried about Abu Dhabi. But Berrer loss in Doha after being a set up was :dry:

Hopefully he'll be right though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was amazing from Fed because that is the best I've ever seen Milos Raonic play. Good win and great way to pick up your lazy 1000th ATP win.

Milos could finally be a genuine contender for slams this year if he's playing like that. That is better tennis than he played at any stage in 2014 imo. Hopefully he just wasn't hot for one match and has worked on his game over the break.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Not sure about Fed's chances here, tough draw but should be fun and obviosuly am rooting for him. I would say atm Novak is the sort of favourite. Stan's defence depends on which version of him appears on a given day.

Not too sure about Nadal's prophecies though, never even seen an instance where he portrays himself as a favourite. Expect to see him play his usual tennis and get to the semis at least (might make it to the finals given that he almost always beats fed). Murray is interesting but believe Fed, if not anyone else, will take him out. So yeah Djoko the favourite.