• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Very mixed performance by Murray in defeat against Ferrer. Rafa also knocked out after deciding to play out the rest of the year with appendicitis.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Rafa looked so poor, had set points in the 2nd too and choked. Ridic. He must be being offered a lot of cash to play in Shanghai, otherwise can't see why he'd have played.

Novak and Fed been tested in these tournaments too by big names like Kukishkin and Mayer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone watch Fed vs. Novak? That was absolutely gold class from Fed. Robbie Koenig described it as the best serve and volley performance in a decade, and I value his opinion more than most when it comes to tennis commentary and analysis.

Good on Fed, should beat Simon now, but ya never know.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Another tournament win for Murray in Vienna in a desperate bid to make the o2. 9th should enough with Nadal's illness surely going to rule him out at some stage.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great win, he looked stuffed at the start of that second set vs. Ferrer. That hold in his first service game was pivotal.

Berdych vs. Dimitrov sounds awesome. Only caught the first set up til 5-5.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Murray beats Ferrer, 3rd time they've played in the last month!

Also Rafa playing Shanghai and Basel whislt needing his appendix out is one of the stupidest things I can remember him doing. Now he's out for the season.

Baffling stuff.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Also Rafa playing Shanghai and Basel whislt needing his appendix out is one of the stupidest things I can remember him doing. Now he's out for the season.

Baffling stuff.
reeks of desperation which is crazy…obviously the season didn't go as he had planned but he still won a slam this year so it's not as if it was a total mess…!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He was already qualified for London. Understand he wanted match practice heading into it but by not getting the surgery this month he's not ruined the rest of the year. Foolish stuff.

Meanwhile Robredo (jokingly) giving Murray the bird after wasting match points :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also Serena got some serious revenge on Halep on Sunday night in the final of the WTA Tour Finals. Incredible determination. Wanted to dominate that match after her embarrassing loss in the round robin stage on Wednesday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Murray was 0-6 0-5 down and 0-30 with Fed missing a volley. He was so lucky not to be double bagelled :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This tournament is proof we need at least 3 of the big 4 in form, otherwise tennis stinks. With an injured Rafa and a tired Murray, we can't be relying on Raonic, Cilic and Berdych ffs. Especially when you also have Del Potro injured.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesus Fed, clinical.

I know he's the best ever and all but I really wish he'd **** off now and let the new gen come through, the second-wind-having bastard..