• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Roger vs. Murray now - quarter final of Cincinatti. Rest of the field left isn't too great - Raonic, Ferrer and Benneteau. Huge chance for one of Murray or Fed to get a title before the US Open.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sharapova-Halep was awesome again.

Maria set-down, called on a time-violation, 2-0 30-0 down. She almost looked resigned, then Halep her fist-punched at her, Sharapova then played like a champ for the first time since she beat Halep in the French. Why would Halep want to get in a street-fight with Maria?

Some of the rallies were epic. Sharapova hitting left-handed is never not awesome, and Halep chasing down and winning off shots that would be clear winners against anyone else.

Oh and I wish people would give her more time-violations she always seems to serve better after them, hadn't held her serve before that.

Yeah I stayed up past three to watch Women's Tennis, judge me you ****ers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How good was that Murray choke in the 2nd set? Two breaks up and just melts.

Was so sure we were going to see a tense third set but Fed just came roaring back, and Murray let him.

Fed should go on to win this now. If he does, final of Toronto and winning here is amazing prep for the US.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
How good was that Murray choke in the 2nd set? Two breaks up and just melts.

Was so sure we were going to see a tense third set but Fed just came roaring back, and Murray let him.

Fed should go on to win this now. If he does, final of Toronto and winning here is amazing prep for the US.

It's not easy for Fed to win Cincy. Raonic is no pushover and the scheduling is not favourable for him either. Fed's also not playing very well - lack of focus in the second set, don't think I've ever seen him miss so many drive volleys.

Agree with you that his prep for USO has been good, regardless of his result here. But he definitely needs to brush-up a lot for sure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It hasn't been the perfect tournament no, he's gone missing in every set. But he's still playing pretty damn well.

Agree Raonic isn't a pushover but he's not going to have an easier path to a Masters 1000 then Raonic --> Ferrer/Benneteau you'd think.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Sharapova matches against good players are always pretty high on drama, love it. Serious competitor.

Fed wins Cincy, good on him. All I asked for Ferrer was for him to win a set like he did at Toronto and he did just that.

Fed's win sets up US nicely. Wonder how Rafa will go if he plays.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well done roger! rafa isn't playing the u.s open, so one major hurdle removed for the other 3…although i can't see past djokovic for the win...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
See I thought that, but then Djokovic spent the next two weeks playing ****. Federer should probably be the favourite for the US Open now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So those that said Rafa took Toronto and Cincy off to drug up for the US Open have hit an obstacle in this argument...

Roger is a massive chance. No Rafa, no Delpo, Nole and Murray suspect. Great chance. Just has to watch out for Tommy Robredo like last year :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So those that said Rafa took Toronto and Cincy off to drug up for the US Open have hit an obstacle in this argument...

Roger is a massive chance. No Rafa, no Delpo, Nole and Murray suspect. Great chance. Just has to watch out for Tommy Robredo like last year :ph34r:
Young Jerzy is going to be a massive hurdle for the Fed Express.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Fed's the favourite on current form and given the fact that he's Fed. But he has to be careful. In the past few years the USO's been the place where he's been most suscpetible to get bounced out early. Djokovic is the other serious contender, despite the fact that he's been **** the last few weeks you can never count him out on a hard court slam. Apart from rooting for the Fed, I'd be really happy if Stan went deep too.

Now that Nadal's withdrawn Roger has a strong chance to end the year as number 2. Would definitely prefer a slam to a ranking, but it's a nice goal nevertheless.