• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Another glorious day with Querrey doing the business, this time as an underdog.

Day 4 suggestions of value:

- Simon @4.40 to beat Cilic

Great value, but lower stake on this one boys. Maybe half the units you would have put on Querrey, and 1/5 you would have put on Nishikori. Unclear how Simon will come back from his marathon first round match, but Cilic played 5 sets too and has never beaten Simon.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss

Simon won in 5. Still think I'm spurting drivel Burgey you ****? If you listened to me and my tennis picks you could buy another car.

You're welcome boys. If you followed me in like you should, you will have have a **** load of cash to spend this weekend.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Simon won in 5. Still think I'm spurting drivel Burgey you ****? If you listened to me and my tennis picks you could buy another car.

You're welcome boys. If you followed me in like you should, you will have have a **** load of cash to spend this weekend.
No one cares pal.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've missed the Luczak pics and the Newc serve and volley comments from the Bench.

Onya Jono. Gilles Simon's odds have been so high in both matches so far, but great call from you. What do you think of Jerzy in tomorrow's match. He's around $2.50 against the unseeded Mayer.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australian tennis commentators are the worst sports commentators in the world and especially Bruce

Kid didn't "announce himself."

He fell in a screaming heap in a match he should have won because he simply wasn't fit enough

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Another glorious day with Querrey doing the business, this time as an underdog.

Day 4 suggestions of value:

- Simon @4.40 to beat Cilic

Great value, but lower stake on this one boys. Maybe half the units you would have put on Querrey, and 1/5 you would have put on Nishikori. Unclear how Simon will come back from his marathon first round match, but Cilic played 5 sets too and has never beaten Simon.

Matches start early tomorrow so I'll give my tips now before I hit the sack.

Day 5 suggestions of value:

- Janowicz @ $2.7 to beat Florian Mayer (Nufers your boy is good value here)
- Ferrer @ $1.4 to beat Chardy

Burgey

I don't think you're sprouting drivel. It's just for three years you've banged on about tennis betting and I've finally shamed you into sharing the love. You told me
Two years ago over a steak at Martin Place Bar you'd tip me into tennis betting and you never did.

*Sigh*

He never calls.... :-(

Last edited:

morgieb

Matches start early tomorrow so I'll give my tips now before I hit the sack.

Day 5 suggestions of value:

- Janowicz @ $2.7 to beat Florian Mayer (Nufers your boy is good value here)
- Ferrer @ $1.4 to beat Chardy
Not convinced in the latter case. $1.4 doesn't strike as value at all.

morgieb

You're saying Chardy is more than a 30% chance to beat Ferrer over 5 sets in the heat?
Would NOT surprise me given their respective form. The heat favours Ferrer but I'm pretty sure all the outdoor afternoon matches will be suspended anyway.

Maybe I don't really understand odds, but I think there's better value elsewhere than Ferrer. $1.40 is still a pretty clear favourite.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well its all percentages. $1.4 means Ferrer is only about 71% to win. I reckon he's 80%. Hence I believe value.

Obviously if you think Ferrer is less than 71% chance to win you see those as wrong.

I can't see any better value elsewhere in pre-match odds. What matches are you referring to?