• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking like an ideal match this for Murray, should win comfortably now being 2 sets and a break up but been really tested along the way. Better than strolling through again or having a marathon 5 setter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tomdick vs. Berdick. Two of the bigger dickheads in tennis going head to head.

Was an entertaining match from what I saw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Delpo winning that match after hurting his knee in the first game is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. To win that from there he literally had to play the perfect match. And he did it!

One of the greatest victories I have ever seen in any sport. Magnificent!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****'s sake he never learns, keeps floating them up to Verdasco's forehand. He has a big wind-up, mix it up if you go that side.

Scaly piscine

It's like Murray is one of those defensive table tennis players, where they're only to happy to put themselves on the back foot and let their opponent smash the ball back at them.

Only problem is it's a ****ing stupid idea repeatedly teeing up Verdasco.

grecian

Shame, wanted someone random to win Wimbledon this year.
TBH, I've put money on JJ after that Murray performance. Great comeback, but he still only played well in bursts, the UE count was utterly ridiculous.

Gary Richardson, what a card eh?

Uppercut

He's been out-muscled by Verdasco before, it's not a good match-up for Murray. Djokovic hasn't been hugely impressive either so I still think he's got a good chance this year. Lowest quality Wimbledon since Hewitt won it.

Pothas

TBH, I've put money on JJ after that Murray performance. Great comeback, but he still only played well in bursts, the UE count was utterly ridiculous.

Gary Richardson, what a card eh?
Can't stand the man. Listened to Sportsweek on Radio 5 for the first time in years the other day, every interview was dreadful.

flibbertyjibber

He's been out-muscled by Verdasco before, it's not a good match-up for Murray. Djokovic hasn't been hugely impressive either so I still think he's got a good chance this year. Lowest quality Wimbledon since Hewitt won it.
Yet stupidly it is probably the best as it has been so unpredictable.

grecian

Yet stupidly it is probably the best as it has been so unpredictable.
It's an odd year on both the men and womens side. Personally I think the courts are a disgrace and is making high-quality tennis very hard, people just seem to even now still move very gingerly.

Yet as a one-off, and hopefully it won't be repeated, I'm quite enjoying the entertainment factor of not knowing what's happening. Honestly Berdych, Haas and even Youzny have had chances in their matches against djok and Murray, but they seem to lack the belief.

It's unfair in wiping out quality, but who said life was meant to be fair. Wimbledon and the Oz Open used to be like this quite a lot back in the day, all nice slippery fun, my fave type.

Last edited: