• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another one of those decent first set efforts from Murray...can he carry it on? If he can't put this tie break away I think he will be done in 3.

Takes it on the 5th? set point. He needed that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Same old Murray. Missing shedloads of chances, plenty of fight but no killer instinct. The only difference is he's outplaying his opponent by so much that he's still winning. But he should have pissed this second set.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do find him funny itbt. And yeah he has been mentally weak at times, especially in the Australia heat, but he's a very humble champion, which is more than can be said Federer, who has fooled everyone in thinking he is humble.
Tbf though, you're of the view Wayne Carey is a good bloke too. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has anyone ever done a statistical analysis regarding runs of points and so on? Like how 'form' was shown to be a bit of an illusion with batting (in some cases).

I can't state enough just how ****ing annoying most of the BBC no-name commentators are. Nobody ever just hits a good/bad shot or chooses the wrong option. There's always some massive subplot involving mentalities, energy etc. for every decisive shot. It's like listening to a faith healer or psychic with all the bullcrap terminology they throw out.

Burgey

Has anyone ever done a statistical analysis regarding runs of points and so on? Like how 'form' was shown to be a bit of an illusion with batting (in some cases).

I can't state enough just how ****ing annoying most of the BBC no-name commentators are. Nobody ever just hits a good/bad shot or chooses the wrong option. There's always some massive subplot involving mentalities, energy etc. for every decisive shot. It's like listening to a faith healer or psychic with all the bullcrap terminology they throw out.
John Alexander was a shocker for that. It'd be 30-0 in the first game of a match and he'd talk about the psychological importance of "these big points".

Was worth him winning Bennelong in 2010 to get him out of commentary.

benchmark00

Weird post considering the one before this you said Murray didn't have the 'killer instinct', something which is also intangible.

Uppercut

Reminds me of

Tennis commentators are unlistenable, they're like an entire gang of Mark Nicholases.

Last edited:

benchmark00

How old is too old to be a ball boy?

Some of these 'kids' look middle aged. Veterans of the ball gathering circuit.

_Ed_

Andy Murray. So much self-doubt. A sports psychologist's dream.
Losing his fifth straight Grand Slam final, this time after winning the first two sets, would be a pretty cruel psychological blow! Hope for his sake he manages to get up here.

Burgey

John Alexander was a shocker for that. It'd be 30-0 in the first game of a match and he'd talk about the psychological importance of "these big points".

Was worth him winning Bennelong in 2010 to get him out of commentary.
Reminds me of

Tennis commentators are unlistenable, they're like an entire gang of Mark Nicholases.
Massive point this....