• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Piper

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Light rain now :(
It is in England u know :p and plus there have only been 4 years in the history of Wimbledon where there hasnt been a day lost from rain :-O

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the semis is where federer has fallen in both the slams so far this year, will a pumped-up hewitt put it across him this time?

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
LLeyton Hewitt

Im an Aussie, and i support ALL things Australian so it takes a lot for me not to support an Australian team or person. But Hewitt is an exception, i dont know if its just me but he really gets on my nerves, his persistant ABUSE of the linesman and umpires on calls which 90% of the time are correct just shows his extreme disrespect for them.

He persistant use of the "come on" gets annoying, its ok if he does it when he hits a great shot but when he does it at the expense of the other player (when they make a mistake) it gets to the ridiculous point.

It happens most matches he plays, there is no doubt he is talented but sometimes it turns into arrogance and then his behaviour on court starts to degrade.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Entrael said:
Im an Aussie, and i support ALL things Australian so it takes a lot for me not to support an Australian team or person. But Hewitt is an exception, i dont know if its just me but he really gets on my nerves, hes persistant ABUSE of the linesman and umpires on calls which 90% of the time are correct just shows his extreme disrespect for them.

He persistant use of the "come on" gets annoying, its ok if he does it when he hits a great shot but when he does it at the expense of the other player (when they make a mistake) it gets to the ridiculous point.

It happens most matches he plays, there is no doubt he is talented but sometimes it turns into arrogance and then his behaviour on court starts to degrade.

I would like to hear some peoples feelings and views towards hewitt.
Agree with you 100%!

I never go for Lleyton anymore, he's just too much of a ********.

Pat Rafter was such a legend and to go from him to Lleyton is appaling. Arthurs is a good bloke, but he isn't the greatest tennis player. Hopefully the next good Aussie tennis player is someone we actually want to support...

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pat Rafter was a deadset legend. You could see from the way he acted on court he had the full respect of his peers and in turn gave it back to everyone. Hewitt has not done that, and im afraid will never be highly respected amongst his peers because of his on court antics.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lleyton Hewitt is playing a very good level of tennis at the moment and showing great character. So I admire him.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Entrael said:
Im an Aussie, and i support ALL things Australian so it takes a lot for me not to support an Australian team or person. But Hewitt is an exception, i dont know if its just me but he really gets on my nerves, his persistant ABUSE of the linesman and umpires on calls which 90% of the time are correct just shows his extreme disrespect for them.

A lot of people, Aussie or otherwise, agree with you.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hewitt does say his come ons but it is hardly disrepectful to the players as he is so ficussed on his own game and doesnt eye the player while saying it.

Roddick I find very annoying and disrespectful though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
booo.... go lleyton :D
i used to not like him, but once you realise hes playing on passion and not arrogance you will see just how good of a player he is. Tommy is still number one, but lleyton has gone up in my books in the last year...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was never particularly enamoured with him but now he's started abusing lines people, that's too much for me. Especially when, on quite a few occasions, he's been wrong. Obviously this was never pointed out to him because if I was him and had it pointed out to me that the people I was abusing had actually got it right, I'd be more inclined to keep thy trap shut. As it is, his awful behaviour towards lines people seems to have escalated and he should be spoken to about it. It's bad enough when there's a good chance you're right but when you're wrong..............

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
broncoman said:
i used to not like him, but once you realise hes playing on passion and not arrogance you will see just how good of a player he is.
My feelings exactly.

shaka

International Regular
Lleyton's use of "come on" is a personal motivator to keep his morale up no matter what the situation is in the game. I do not have a problem with it. I hope he can beat Federer as from what I have seen of Hewitt, he is not able to beat him, but anything can happen on the day.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i used to not like him, but once you realise hes playing on passion and not arrogance you will see just how good of a player he is.
yeah back when he started out i didn't think much of him but now i love watching him. he gets abit to far fired up sometimes but thats the way he plays. heart on the sleeve.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil said:
the semis is where federer has fallen in both the slams so far this year, will a pumped-up hewitt put it across him this time?
I actually think he was in better form when he lost to Federer in last year's US Open. Hewitt is always in with a chance, no matter who he is playing, but Federer will have to be off his game and Hewitt right on his to win. He has to play better than what he did against Lopez.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hewitt is a deadset legend! I'm so ****ed off with people saying he doesn't deserve our respect because of his antics. So what? John McEnroe is one of the most respected players everywhere and he abused everyone even crowd members.

Hewitt gives everything on the court and I admire that.

I would prefer that to the emotionless horse that Sampras was.