• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sledger said:
ferrero is a good player though, and has pushed federer hard throughout the match.
He is a very good player, and before his illnesses and injuries was pretty much the king of Spanish tennis. Amazing that he's only 25, and its all about Nadal nowadays.

Still, we're in a tie-break now and we're 'on serve'. 4-4.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ferrero ends up going down in the tie-break. Very good performance, but a great win for Federer. His biggest challenge yet I believe (despite him not losing a set, and losing a set to Kiefer in the previous round) and its good to have that under his belt going into the quarter finals.

IMO Ferrero will be back in the top 10 by Wimbledon next year if he can stay injury free. His third set was amazing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
IMO Ferrero will be back in the top 10 by Wimbledon next year if he can stay injury free. His third set was amazing.
he is already at 31 so i would say he will be back at least in the top 5 by next wimbledon(provided he is injury-free) because he can do well on hard courts(reached the semis of the open) and on form is one of the very best on clay....

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hewitt and Federer coming up in the semis, assuming each gets through their next match. Should be a beauty.
Yep they will! Can't see them losing their next matches.
Federer would win the match up though... would have been better as a finals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anil said:
he is already at 31 so i would say he will be back at least in the top 5 by next wimbledon(provided he is injury-free) because he can do well on hard courts(reached the semis of the open) and on form is one of the very best on clay....
top 5 will be pushing it mate, thats a lot of very good players he will have to go through, he can achieve that in 2 years i reckon, but after those injuries to do that all in one year from now will be a huge effort. Mind you if anyone is capanle of that then he would be.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anil said:
He made the final of the US open only a couple of years ago, losing to Roddick in the final.

Top 5 is a possibility, but that would require him to have another amazing year like in 2003, and in the end its 2003 which literally tore his body up. He did everything in 2003. Davis Cup, won the French, final of US Open etc. If he does that from now till Wimbledon 2006, he may make the top 5 but long-term it may not be the best thing for him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
haha McEnroe playing doubles with Fleming and guess what pants he is wearing?

Nadal like whatever you call them pants :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What a game going on between Federer and Gonzalez.

A super point by Gonzalez under hand shot to spin the ball but Federer won that game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Excellent win for Federer.

Gonzalez pushed him and Federer displayed a lot of his repetoire, gave a lot of effort but still seemed he wasnt going in top gear to win the match.

He is indeed a notch above the rest.