• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erakovic beat a top 30 player and a top 40 player to reach the final in Quebec. Top effort. Hope she can win her first ever WTA title tomorrow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always laugh when Newcombe says "I don't want to be biased", and then follows it up with something like "I'm hoping Wawrinka's game falls away" :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafter said to the match referee regarding the light rules "you're making **** up now" :laugh:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy ****, Novak just retired and I had a little wager on JMDP at $6.6. Betfair pays out if at least one set was completed.

Thanks Nole :D

Edit: Novak was in tears at the end, obviously shattered that he further injured himself and had to retire in front of his home fans. Serbia took a risk paying him and it did not pay off at all.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FFS Lleyton. Broken immediately.
Also, lol Devvarman.
Australia can now hang with Devvarman and the rest of the mighty Indian team outside the World Group for another 12 months, along with other tennis powerhouses like Israel and South Africa. :dry:

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad luck for Hewitt.

Pretty funny looking at the pics from last night - no lights at the Davis Cup eh, in 2011? Weird as. Should have laid a grass court down at Homebush ffs.

Royal Sydney GC - another win for the poncy Eastern Suburbs set. Someone should have told the club committe Wawrinka is Jewish, they wouldn't have let him in. RSGC hasn't had a Jewish member in it's history.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah its been pretty disappointing (bordering on disgraceful) how injured, fatigued and disinterested some of the players are. Murray, Nadal and Djokovic all were clearly not 100%.

As always though Fed has turned up to play. He takes the ATP World Tour Finals extremely seriously, which is admirable. Hopefully the final between him and Tsonga is awesome.

Amazing that the high amounts of money paid for every head-to-head match isn't enough to really motivate Novak to go all out. Its a pittance compared to what he has earned this year I guess.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Schedule has to change, there is no doubt about that, read something about Novak losing a **** load of money if he did not turn up for the Paris masters.

Anyway really looking forward to next season, fascinating to see if Novak can get anywhere near to repeating this year and how Rafa especially reacts.

Expect to see JMPD back in top 5 but really hope he can make a big impression.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously he's arguably the greatest of all time already, but is he undisputedly the greatest indoor hard tennis player of all time? I reckon he definitely is.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
It's difficult to say because so much indoor tennis was played on carpet in the past and yesteryear's players played in so many more tournaments per year, but if indoor tennis continues to be played on hard court surfaces he would no doubt take that mantle.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
he is in the top three all-time on grass, outdoor hard courts and indoor hard courts and in the top 5 on clay (arguable but i actually believe he is in the top three on clay as well after nadal and borg:D)...i don't think any other player except maybe laver has displayed such all-court virtuosity...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also, weren't Federer's first two Masters Cups outdoors in Houston?
Yep, but I more meant his overall indoor record.

He'd probably have a better overall indoor record if he concentrated more on Paris than he has prior to this year. Before winning it this year in an awesome display, he had a pretty ordinary record there and also sometimes just missed it I believe.

His loss to Monfils in 2010 was a good match, but losing to Benneteau in the first round in 2009 was a wtf moment.