• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Apparently, they've marred by their obsessive urge to show the new sense of nincompoopery they've picked up. :@
you have picked up a lot of typical wodehousian phrases and usages, haven't you? :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am supporting unfancied Mario Ancic although it will be tough to get past Federer for most players let alone Ancic.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haas retired first round, what a freakish accident that was. for anyone who didnt see it he was practicing his serve in the warm up and was finishing his action and a ball rolled under his foot and he rolled his ankle on it. he played a set and bit but had to retire. could only happen to haas :-O

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Justine Henin-Hardenne was knocked out in the first round. Amazingly she didn't play any grass tournaments before Wimbledon. This was her first match after her French Open victory. She was always going to be in trouble.

Serena Williams got through in 3 sets over Angela Haynes, quite an effort from Haynes to win the first set but Serena got her act together in the last 2 sets.

Wow I thought Henin-Hardenne would mount a challenge for the title this year, but I guess I was wrong. I'm still going with my tip Serena to win though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pratyush said:
I am supporting unfancied Mario Ancic although it will be tough to get past Federer for most players let alone Ancic.
you seem to be underestimating ancic here, hes a very decent player, he has a reasonable chance of beating federer.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen it all now! The net on centre court fell over. Two of the biggest hitters in the game and it takes a Safin drop shot to knock it down. :-O

The Poo should have won the first set, had 3 set points at 4-5, then had some unlucky bounces in the first set. Probably due to lack of match practice - playing too safe.

V Reddy

International Debutant
She once again just overpowered Sveta!!!! Too bad that she lost the first set after leading 4-2 and 40-0 . Nerves really got the better of her today. She will get more such oppurtunities soon. She should stay fit though during the hardcourt season as she really could do some damage in the US. Hopefully she draws a better seed like Demetieva or that Myskina , whom i think Sania will just overpower when she gets going like today.Hopefully with a coach from the Cincinati , her game will improve even further

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
A good match from greg could have gone either way he was a little unlucky. All i can say is i want this henmaina over before it starts every year wimbeldon almost gets ruined by the pukemaking henmaina. I know i should be rooting for him but "henmaina" is just brittish patriotism at its very worst while tim while a good player is just such an uninspiring figure i just cant get behind him especialy when that ghastly crows is oooing and arring. PLEASE TIM JUST GO OUT SO i can watch the greatest players in the world without wanting to be sick

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil said:
safin handily dispatches the scud...
He didn't dispatch him at all. I would hardly call 7-6, 7-6, 6-4 a dispatching. The Scud had his chances, and I think had he been playing regularly and not injured he would have won the match. I think all credit should go to him for such a good performance considering how little matches he has won in the past 12-18 months.