• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez Cilic gave Tomic a spanking. Wonder if Cilic will be able to test Fed.

Also so good that Tommy Haas keeps winning!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well I'm cheering for Dutch people in tennis, so I'm happy. :p

Young turned into a tennis player in the tie-break and won deservedly enough 7-1. Least bad player.

Also Nadal wins 6-2 against a player who can serve. Ominous signs.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Predictably, after being 2 sets down Murray pulls his finger out. Playing a hell of a lot better now.

This is so much like his match with Troicki at the French Open this year (without the injury doubts).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most predictable match ever. Murray's so good when he attacks, why the **** doesn't he do it more.

This Slam will be like all others for Murray. Will play defensively and **** vs. a mid-ranked player and go down a set or two. Will pull his finger out and win the match, get a good draw with a seed falling (Wawrinka) and then lose in the semi or final to one of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic when he can't afford to play **** for two sets.

Same ****, different day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha 4-0 up in the 5th, Murray lets Haase get back into it at 4-4, and then breaks immediately to be 5-4 and serve for the match.

wac he is :laugh:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha 4-0 up in the 5th, Murray lets Haase get back into it at 4-4, and then breaks immediately to be 5-4 and serve for the match.

wac he is :laugh:
I'm not a fan of Murray, which is the qualification for this comment, but how horrendous was that match.

I'm not sure if they both went in with the game-plan of not giving the other guy much pace on the ball, hence the pitti-pat, yet most of the time they seemed to just lamely hit it in the net.

I've seen Murray launch incredible comebacks, and be brilliant for sets, but this was a cripple-fight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it was ****house, but admit it was funny :p

Honestly I called that match predictable, but it sure as hell wasn't when he was 4-0 up in the 5th. Even I didn't think Murray would almost throw it away letting Haase get back to 4-4. Even at 5-4 he gave Haase break back points.

Then again he let Troicki go up a break in the 5th set back at the French and won. It's like he does it to players who he knows will chose, which is ****ing dangerous.

The worst thing about Murray is his desire to outlast players. Fair enough do that if you're David Ferrer and you've made a career of doing that. But when you have the game that Murray does, ****ing attack. Especially against mid-ranked players.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Some pretty interesting matches tonight - Fed/Cilic, Williams/Azarenka, Tsonga/Verdasco, Berdych/Tipsarevic. Also the prospect of Tommy Haas into the second week of a GS!

Also, Stosur has as good a chance as she'll ever get to make another GS final here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Azarenka had to take that break point. Was there for the taking. Can't see her getting another opportunity in this 2nd set.

Last edited: