• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, I'd say Hewitt just didn't possess the toolset to be a consistently aggressive player. Enjoyed a lot of success by knowing his limitations and playing within them, IMO. What gets annoying is when you have players like Murray who can really rip BH winners out of nowhere but strangely choose to loop it back and wait for the error.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Look, for the most part you're correct. But Hewitt would get into some awesome positions by playing attacking tennis (not bone crunching Soder/Berdych/JMDP tennis, but smart attacking tennis) and then not do it on break points/key points.

But yeah Murray's just a dickhead sometimes with the way he plays.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yo Jim Courier, Lleyton Hewitt, no point comparing the Cilic vs. Rafa match in Beijing 2009 to this. Comparing the return hit placements in the court by Rafa is useless because he was basically on one knee.

Edit: Jim just mentioned Rafa's injury. Should have never doubted the great man.

vcs

Clijsters won't win this tournament IMO. Her movement looks sluggish and her serve is somewhat erratic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clijsters won't win this tournament IMO. Her movement looks sluggish and her serve is somewhat erratic.
Haha I was about to say the same thing. Just bet on her not to win the tournament.

Petkovic, Na LI, Wozniacki or Zvonareva could all beat her. Maybe not Zvonareva because she may be mentally squashed against Clijsters because of the US Open final last year.

morgieb

The trouble is out of the others left in the comp, only Schiavone has won a Grand Slam. Wozniacki and Zerarova (sp?) I suppose are chances too, but the others haven't a lot of note in their grand slam careers (except for Lina maybe....

vcs

I would love to see a Schiavone vs. Clijsters final for two reasons. It would be a nice contrast of styles, and secondly if Schiavone gets there, she'll definitely not let the occasion get to her.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't see the occasion getting to Na Li

Anyway, we all want Petkovic to win because she'd do the greatest celebratory dance of all time afterwards.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Nadal doesn't look as strong in this Open as he did 2 years ago, the constant barrage of heavy balls is somewhat missing.