• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can honestly say in terms of randomness, it's one of the weirder best of 5 set matches I've seen in a long time.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this was the l00ch the country would be on the edge of their seats wanting him to get over the line. Because it's Hewitt, who cares.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Courier hit the nail on the head just then, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Nalbandian at 1-3 and 0-40 in the 4th set basically thought he was gone. So he just went for broke rather than rallying, and he nailed all his shots and saved 3 break points, and then another. He then broke back to go 3-3, and has been back in the match since.

That goes against most theories of what to do in tennis no matter what the score. Play every point in isolation etc.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want Nalbandian to win, but I don't really want it to end just yet, so I'm kind of hoping Hewitt breaks him here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nalbandian saves match points. Hewitt saves break points.

Crazy stuff.

Crowd shouldn't cheer Nalbandian's faults imo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Entertaining if not crazy match.

Well played Lleyton, now **** off. Another first round exit for him :)

Dydl

International Debutant
Disappointing for Hewitt, but it's only Hewitt. As patriotic as I am, I can't bring myself to care too much.

Pretty interesting match though!