• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Losing to Djokovic means nothing about his chances against Troicki, who he had a 4-0 record against.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, looking at it his form wasn't as bad late last year than I thought and he was only losing to good players (except Granollers, I guess). I suppose the only reason was that Llodra was coming off a semifinal in Paris and generally plays pretty well indoors. Tough call either way, really.

EDIT: Hell, he'd beaten Davydenko, Djokovic and Isner (oh, don't forget Starace :p) so it was pretty justified picking him. Obviously didn't work out, though.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbf to me, I'm not calling this in hindsight. Debated with vcs this at the time that Simon had to play.

He's on his way back. Should be top 20 for the next few years you'd think.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw a bit of Simon against Djokovic and thought he looked very ordinary.

Anyway, Llodra turned out to be a disaster, no doubt about it. At least he was involved in winning his team a point in doubles. :ph34r:

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Oh Wozniacki. Your outfit pleases me. Aussie Open time! Been waiting weeks for this after the Ashes got too predictable, although Cook was cracking to watch, as was Siddle's opening test.

benchmark00

I've made like 1 call on this forum iirc. It's a pretty ****ty sample size :p
The fact that you didn't know who Tanasugarn was despite her being around for 400 years, and refering to Sharapova as a 'grunting slut' didn't cover yourself in glory tbf.

Coupled with the fact that you mentioned Tanasugarn was up even though one game had been played for the match.

Pull yourself together, ****.

morgieb

I'll admit that I don't know all that much about tennis (I watch a bit, but I don't know a lot of players outside the big names), and I make early ott calls, but I still defend my decisions.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man speaks the truth (m00phy, that is)

Gun that Novak's first match is tonight, although a little nervous as Granollers is one of the tougher first round matchups.

benchmark00

There are two things, and two things only, that make me watch tennis.

One is the l00ch obv, and the second is Kader Nouni's smooth, booming voice.

DEEEUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited: