Page 503 of 1026 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 15388
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: *Official* Tennis Thread

Yeah she just couldn't beat Marion Bartoli in a Wimbledon semi-final when she was a set up and had a golden opportunity to face off Venus, but she's a million times better than Serena.
    Last edited by Jono; 08-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    She's classier and more graceful though- it's the same reason everyone thinks Sachin Tendulkar's so much better than he is .

I like her. Easily the most watchable (for tennising reasons) women's tennis player I've seen. She's overrated, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I wasn't able to see Pennetta's victory today but shes been incredibly impressive so far in this tournament - I was somewhat cynical about her taking the number one seed initially but with her performances I'd have to take that back and certainly make her favourite to win the tournament tomorrow.
    I love making bold predictions.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Hit_Wicket's Avatar
    Robredo beats Murray in three to force a mixed doubles decider at the Hopman Cup.

Wonderful effort coming from behind after the Scot blitzed the first set.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit_Wicket View Post
    Wonderful effort coming from behind after the Scot blitzed the first set.
    Wonderful effort from Laura Robson as well, very impressive victory.

They're a set down in the mixed doubles atm, and it's 4-4 all in the second. It's been a great tournament, whichever way this match ends. Great experience for Robson, in particular.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I love making bold predictions.
    She had an awesome end to last season, and I think she'll do enough to inside the top ten this season.

Saw an awesome match with her last year against I think Zvonereva? Was in huge trouble and won.

International Debutant
    Congratulations to Spain, deserving winners. Great match-ups today.

I've just seen that Robson has earned a wildcard for the Aus Open, which is pretty exciting.

Can't wait for Henin vs Clijsters tonight, could be epic if Henin plays well, and Clijsters did lose a set 6-0 yesterday... Perfect set-up.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah she just couldn't beat Marion Bartoli in a Wimbledon semi-final when she was a set up and had a golden opportunity to face off Venus, but she's a million times better than Serena.
    C'mon, what about all the times Serena has failed? If Serena is so good, why does she only have four more grand slams than Henin despite playing against such weak competition? Obviously, Serena has dominated women's tennis more than Venus and Henin if you wanna play the numbers game, but if Henin has been a failure for not winning Wimbledon then Serena has got to be a career underachiever. Neither of which I think are true.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydl View Post
    Congratulations to Spain, deserving winners. Great match-ups today.

I've just seen that Robson has earned a wildcard for the Aus Open, which is pretty exciting.

Can't wait for Henin vs Clijsters tonight, could be epic if Henin plays well, and Clijsters did lose a set 6-0 yesterday... Perfect set-up.
    Dont get all the Robson love tbh, hard to turn off the match yesterday as Peter Wilkins was blowing his load over her, every time she hits a winner or gets back a serve from the male player he goes off his chops.
    Sure she might be a good player one day but right now she's pretty average and it's not like teen prodigies are a new thing in womens tennis even if she was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    She's classier and more graceful though- it's the same reason everyone thinks Sachin Tendulkar's so much better than he is .

I like her. Easily the most watchable (for tennising reasons) women's tennis player I've seen. She's overrated, though.
    Come on Uppercut that's an awful analogy. If Henin had the exact same number of (or more) Slams, had won Wimbledon, had at one stage held every Slam, and had a solid head to head record against Serena on most surfaces, then maybe your analogy would make sense.

Sachin has scored the most test runs ever, the most ODI runs ever, the most test centuries ever, the most ODI centuries ever, started when he was 16 and has been playing for 20 years.

Not even similar at all.

I hate it when they call Henin the female Federer. GTFO, Federer has won Wimbledon 6 times. Henin has 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    C'mon, what about all the times Serena has failed? If Serena is so good, why does she only have four more grand slams than Henin despite playing against such weak competition? Obviously, Serena has dominated women's tennis more than Venus and Henin if you wanna play the numbers game, but if Henin has been a failure for not winning Wimbledon then Serena has got to be a career underachiever. Neither of which I think are true.
    Tell me exactly what Serena has failed to achieve in her career. I'm not saying she's better than Stefi Graf, I'm saying she's better than Henin, who is a top player, but is no Sernea. Hasn't done many things that Serena is done. Oh but she has a one hand backhand, is small, and doesn't say much. So she's therefore better?

Why if Henin has underachieved does that mean Serena has also been a career underachiever? You didn't provide any argument for why that is the case. And even if she has, she's still done more than Henin.

And also, who is this weaker competition that Serena has beat? Henin played in the same damn era!
    Last edited by Jono; 09-01-2010 at 04:13 AM.

Simon, what were your thoughts on Berdych's tournament in Brisbane? Same old same old from him, or do you think he can take his game to another level.

Also at Robredo coming back and beating Murray. Which I kept watching!

And finally, hope Henin can get up over Clijsters. She was paying 2.30 and I jumped on. Will make up for what I lost on Federer last night.

Henin is broken by Clijsters after being a break up in the 3rd.

She's then broken again serving for the match.

What a surprise

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Simon, what were your thoughts on Berdych's tournament in Brisbane? Same old same old from him, or do you think he can take his game to another level.

Also at Robredo coming back and beating Murray. Which I kept watching!

And finally, hope Henin can get up over Clijsters. She was paying 2.30 and I jumped on. Will make up for what I lost on Federer last night.
    Yeh hard to say with Berdych, he's still like a young Gonzalez can put in great performances but to expect 4-7 matches in a row consistently without throwing in a capitulation from him is a big ask.

Who knows though, new year could mean new player. He has the game to match it with the best but unless he improves consistentcy he'll remain where he is in the rankings.

Break Henin!

2 match points.

Take it.

Btw its annoying that Channel 7 can't even show a tennis tournament in Australia live on TV. ****ing hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeh hard to say with Berdych, he's still like a young Gonzalez can put in great performances but to expect 4-7 matches in a row consistently without throwing in a capitulation from him is a big ask.

Who knows though, new year could mean new player. He has the game to match it with the best but unless he improves consistentcy he'll remain where he is in the rankings.
    His match against Baghdatis was amazing, and he held strong against Belluci who was playing well, so that was encouraging.

But he should have beat Roddick today. A-Rod wasn't playing well, and mentally wasn't in a good place. Yet he still lost.

Hard to see him making the top 10 unless he gets these wins.

Thread Information