• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
For the fourth time this season, Roger Federer has lost a match in which he held a match point. It happened at Indian Wells (against Marcos Baghdatis), Miami (against Tomas Berdych), the U.S. Open (against Novak Djokovic) and now the Paris Indoors, against Gael Monfils.

:D
really heart breaking to see that happen

how can a guy of his caliber loose it from there :@

waiting for the aus open next year

that will say it all

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed has recovered well post-Paris. Wiped the floor with Ferrer and Murray early on in the World Tour Finals in London.

Let's pray for a Fed vs. Rafa final.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Novak has lost to Fed and Nadal in finals enough times. As much as I love Novak, I'm getting pretty bored of it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa paying $2.10 to beat Novak.

Easy money. He got rid of his rust vs. Roddick, was down a set and a break, and still won.

With some practice on the courts under his belt, he'll beat Novak fairly comfortably. Novak has his mind on Davis Cup.

Your boy is going down.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah his whinging was **** earlier in that set.

Berdman playing better tennis against Roddick and tonight, poor tiebreak notwithstanding.

Problem for Berdych is that Rafa is just too good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa just choked serving for the match against Murray in the third set :-O Had a match point in the previous game too! :(

I feel like someone has shown me there is no Santa Claus. Such mental weakness from Rafa there.

Score is now 5-5 in the third. Anyone's game.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rafa comes back from 1-4 in the tiebreak! Murray then saves another match point!

But Rafa finally converts on his third!!! :D 7-6 3-6 7-6

Unlucky for Murray. Broke Rafa three times, and was only broken once himself. Just lost key points in the first and third set tiebreaks.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't understand are you saying I incorrectly called it a choke, and Murray just played well to break?

Rafa did hit a few unforced errors in that game, but fair enough if you think that. Robbie Koenig and Jason Goodall seemed to think he tightened up.

Last edited:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Unlucky for Murray? There was nothing unlucky about it.

Fox delayed showing the All Blacks match because it went long and everybody on the site I was using were complaining that if Murray was going to choke why couldn't he have done it twenty minutes ago.

Was a great game, though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh oh I get you.

Sorry I thought you were saying that me calling Nadal a choke when he failed to serve it out was only a choke in my language, whereas I wasn't giving Murray the credit he deserved to break. You were actually saying that I should have also pointed out that Murray choked in the final set.

You're right, Murray choked in the tiebreak after a double mini-break up, no doubt about it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, as I said, well played to you sir :p

Yeah he's dominated this end-of-year championship. 08 and 09 only the two years in which he didn't play fantastic.

2005 injury and a very good Nalbandian prevented his victory.

Going to be very hard for Rafa to win this tournament one day. Did well to get the to final with his early rust, but he's still got a slight bit of improvement necessary on indoor hard to be consistently winning tournaments on this surface.

He's mastered outdoor hard, just needs to get indoor hard right.