• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I know, was more lamenting the fact he'll play 250 tournaments and get injured and miss Masters 1000s. It's annoying.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Federer-Gasquet match is a real pleasure to watch for "old-school" fans like Anil and me, single-handed backhands, no long grinding rallies, and plenty of slice and volleying thrown in. :drool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So many less upsets in this year's Paris Masters. Novak out being the only real one.

Normally it's a tank-fest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gonna put this out there. Haven't seen Fed play this well (last month) since 2007.

There I said it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbf, Llodra is the French indoor king and gash everywhere else.
For sure, but you expect the best returner in tennis to beat him, even on the fast Paris courts.

Still, Llodra is one set up against Davydenko, and boy is it fun watching him.

Him, with a bit of Isner and Karlovic, are the only serve and volleyers left considering Taylor Dent has retired.

Fish sometimes too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Llodra is volleying amazingly right now against Soderling. Won the first set tiebreak 7-0!

Will be huge if he can actually beat Soder here. Looking likely.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh man what a match. Soder wins in a third set tie-break, after saving 3 match points.

That's why I love tennis. Amazing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For the fourth time this season, Roger Federer has lost a match in which he held a match point. It happened at Indian Wells (against Marcos Baghdatis), Miami (against Tomas Berdych), the U.S. Open (against Novak Djokovic) and now the Paris Indoors, against Gael Monfils.

:D