• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh, but i prefer watching the other matches anyway like roddick and federer, it annoys me when fox show an arthurs match over a federer match

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
yeh, but i prefer watching the other matches anyway like roddick and federer, it annoys me when fox show an arthurs match over a federer match
Not me! I'm as patriotic as they come! Plus you get all the good matches replayed the next day on fox.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Not me! I'm as patriotic as they come! Plus you get all the good matches replayed the next day on fox.
watching replays of tennis matches u already know the result of is as exciting as watching grass grow!!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
watching replays of tennis matches u already know the result of is as exciting as watching grass grow!!
But I don't know the results. Usually I fall asleep about 2am halfway through a game, then I just keep it on fox channel which pretty much runs Wimbledon all day so I don't get any of the results.

Simon

oh ok fair enough, i usually like to find out results early in the morning...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
oh ok fair enough, i usually like to find out results early in the morning...
If I can't watch them I will get the results, but If I am, it's pretty much Wimbledon 24hrs and for once I don't have to fight Mum for what to watch on Foxtel.

Simon

lol i know that feeling, my mums a tennis fan, so she doesnt mind me having it on, she only gets ****ed off when i have it on ALL the time!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
lol i know that feeling, my mums a tennis fan, so she doesnt mind me having it on, she only gets ****ed off when i have it on ALL the time!
Yep. Different story come cricket season though.

Simon

woah now thats a different story completely, damn those ashes and WI tours...

Mister Wright

Yep, I failed a semester at uni when Australia toured the Windies in '99 which also included the World Cup, French Open & Wimbledon.

Mister Wright

It was fun watching Elliot being bamboozled by Courtney Walsh (had no idea). Although (back to topic) the '99 Wimbledon final between Agassi & Sampras was one of the most boring in recent history.

Simon

hewitt v nalbandian certainly wasnt a classic either, hopefully this year the final offers something in the way of entertainment!

Mister Wright

Last year's was quite good. Phillipousis played very well, however Federer had the ball on a string. The only crappy thing about the final is the commentary of John Newcombe he is the Phil Gould of tennis commentary.

Simon

oh dont get me started on newc, fair go, what is with australian commentators!

Mister Wright

They're terrible. I don't mind Stolle, but apart from him the Channel 9 team needs a reshuffle, perhpas Rabs or or Heals might make it a bit more interesting.

Simon

i vote for vossy,

maybe a tennis line up of Andrew Voss, Richie Benaud, Rabs Warren, Darrell Eastlake and the ever reliable Ken Sutcliffe to host. Reg Reagan to do the post match interviews.

Mister Wright

Oh mate, that's a brilliant line-up. Have you ever listened to tennis on the radio? That's entertainment!

Simon

yeh, aus open final a couple of years ago, kafelnikov and enqvist, cause i was at a canberra comets match, but i wanted to follow the tennis. never again though, impossible to follow.