• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm officially off the Gulbis bandwagon. Losing to Tursonov in straight sets is unacceptable.

He'll never make it. Can gagf.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They've been playing some Australian Open Classic matches on channel 7. I'm watching Rafter v Agassi Semi Final 2001. It's good to get a reminder of how fun it was watching Rafter play. He is a living God!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ljubicic smashes Murray 6-3 6-2 in the China Open quarters :laugh:

Love it that Ivan hangs around and does this every now and then.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Shanghai Masters men's singles first
round results on Monday (prefix denotes seeding).
Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) beat Gilles Simon (France) 6-4
6-1
Jeremy Chardy (France) beat Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) 7-6(4)
6-1
Thiemo de Bakker (Netherlands) beat 9-Fernando Verdasco (Spain)
7-6(4) 7-5
13-Juergen Melzer (Austria) beat Yang Tsung-Hua (Taiwan) 6-4
7-6(5)
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (Spain) beat Eduardo Schwank (Argentina)
6-7(8) 6-2 6-4
12-Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) beat Feliciano Lopez (Spain)
7-6(4) 6-3

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah true, not sure why he's playing all those tournaments.

Nonetheless, great win for Melzer. Capable of anything on his day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Glad I decided to go out and didn't stay home to watch the quarters. Would have been very pissed off.

Novak was always going to have an easy win. But sounds like Tsonga was pathetic against Murray, Melzer obviously had a post-Nadal let-down against Monaco, a claycourter, and Soderling decided he's done enough to secure his ATP World Tour finals sport in London, and didn't bother to put up a fight against Federer.

Novak vs. Fed should be a cracker though.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed already had to save 4 brk pts vs Novak.

Novak is on. Will be interesting if Fed lifts his game because I reckon we're in for a cracker.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed takes the first set. Too good on the clutch points.

Reckon he's given Novak's strength, his backhand, an absolute pounding and is forcing errors.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clinical from Fed. Must be said though, Novak was a bit off. But part of that was Fed's amazing tactic to go at tje backhand 70%+ of the time. Broke it down and capitalised. Novak was the better player for the first 6-8 games, but after that it was all Fed.