• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Federer to win the whole thing if he plays like yesterday. His serving was really good after a long time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fed was absolutely superb yesterday, no doubt. But he can't "play like that" vs. Nadal. It's all relative to your opponent.

He played just about the perfect game (barring the first 4-5 games of the first set) for an opponent like Soderling.

But Rafa won't succumb to the pressure as easily as Soderling did. The minute you get into long baseline ralleys with Soderling you're on top. Once Soder can't hit the corners with his ridiculously awesome forehand, he's on the backfoot. That's not the case against Nadal, who will grind and grind like a hoe in a rap music video.

Right now if both Nadal and Fed play like they have so far this tournament, it is an absolute coin flip. Nadal has the better record against Fed and the mental edge, but Fed has the history of the US Open behind him, and the fact he's better on the surface.

Edit: Worth noting that if Rafa can get to the final, I'd love him to play Fed. So will be cheering on Fed against Novak.

Last edited:

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Fed was absolutely superb yesterday, no doubt. But he can't "play like that" vs. Nadal. It's all relative to your opponent.
True only to a point. If Fed's serving was as good as yesterday (obviously a thing that is not relative to opponent) then Fed will top the bracket.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He played just about the perfect game (barring the first 4-5 games of the first set) for an opponent like Soderling.

But Rafa won't succumb to the pressure as easily as Soderling did. The minute you get into long baseline ralleys with Soderling you're on top. Once Soder can't hit the corners with his ridiculously awesome forehand, he's on the backfoot. That's not the case against Nadal, who will grind and grind like a hoe in a rap music video.

Right now if both Nadal and Fed play like they have so far this tournament, it is an absolute coin flip. Nadal has the better record against Fed and the mental edge, but Fed has the history of the US Open behind him, and the fact he's better on the surface.

Edit: Worth noting that if Rafa can get to the final, I'd love him to play Fed. So will be cheering on Fed against Novak.
Anyone would think you're a fan of this Rafa bloke or somethin :unsure:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

See, you're just confirming for me that Nadal is no more than Hewitt squared. That's why he's dull as bat**** to watch :ph34r:

:pokey:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol. Its this sort of silly posting that makes Nadal's dominance over Fed so entertaining :cool:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nadal broken for the first time today.

None the less smashes Verdasco in straight sets.

Youzhny has a good record against Nadal. See what happens.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And yet Federer leads in terms of Majors won since Nadal came on the scene.

Domination is about more than the head to head, you know.

I really shouldn't be getting drawn into this.

shivfan

Banned
Once again, Nadal destroys a young pretender in straight sets....

I can't see anyone challenging the Federer-Nadal duopoly any time soon. Sure, they will occasionally lose a match, but it's highly unlikely that both Federer and Nadal will lose in the same Grand Slam event.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The young pretender was actually 3 years older tbh.

Neither will win this one tbh, Novak's got it in the baaaaag.

I hope :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
January 2008 is an eternity ago.

May as well have dcye come here and post a picture of Roddick holding the US Open up in 2003.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zvonareva ripping Wozniacki atm.

Firstly, she was awesome value at $4.1! And on top of that, this is good for my Clijsters oveall win bet. As I doubt Zvonareva could hit Clijsters (or Venus at that) off the court like she's doing to Wozniacki now.