• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gonna put this out there, other than Rafa vs. Fed, Soder vs. Fed are the best matches to watch in tennis atm.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah they're good to watch eh?

Del Potro when he's around plays some crackers vs Fed too.

And Fed takes the first set 6-4.

Almost broken a couple of times, then goes back-to-back love games to close the set out. Sampras-like serving when he needed it.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The semi on this side of the draw should be a cracker, be it Fed or Soderling playing Novak. Going to love seeing him crush 'em :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah they're good to watch eh?

Del Potro when he's around plays some crackers vs Fed too.
Yep, took into account the fact that JMDP is injured. When he returns I reckon Fed vs. Soder and Fed vs. JMDP are amazing, simply for the difference in style. The way Fed handles massive hitters is just simply a privilege to watch. So smooth.

Right now Fed is looking so good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So you're the person who likes Novak?

Think he's a **** personally.
Love that Clapo is a Novak fan. Even though I give him **** when Rafa crushes him.

Otherwise without Clapo it'd be a whole bunch of Fed fans in this thread and me :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, love Novak despite him being a turd.

Wish he'd learn to play when the weather is hot and there is pollen in the air. Needs a new set of lungs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love that Clapo is a Novak fan. Even though I give him **** when Rafa crushes him.

Otherwise without Clapo it'd be a whole bunch of Fed fans in this thread and me :p

Believe we'll be seeing a similar reaction after Novak's crushed him straight sets in the final :p:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Remember this Clapo:
Don't get how anyone could hate watching Roddick tbh, so gun (not talking just tennis, but the roller-coaster of emotions and the facial expressions taht go with them).

Gutted that he couldn't overcome Nadal at Queens. Not to worry though, Novak will give him a lesson in the final.
Hey Clapo... eat some bicep

Nadal wins 7-6 7-5

Next stop, Wimbledon.
:cool: :p

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anybody watching this in India? I hope the ****s at Ten Sports die a horrible, painful death for over-extending the ad breaks and missing whole games at a time. **** off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, I'm generally not a huge fan of Wally Masur's commentary, but he got something right today.

Federer's shots of a half volley are the best in the game. So good.

I think it's fair to say Soder choked a bit though in that game.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, I'm generally not a huge fan of Wally Masur's commentary, but he got something right today.

Federer's shots of a half volley are the best in the game. So good. Don't think you can really teach that. It's just natural touch which comes from the rest of his game.