• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Really pretty excited about tomorrow night. I have a bad feeling Lleyton goes down, but if he wins it gives him a huge tilt at a semi. Roddick likely, and he's not in the form he was last year.

irfan

State Captain
Wimbledon has been relegated as sideshow fare this WC year on my viewing list

But it's good to have something on inbetween the two WC matches.

How's Rog doing - heard he struggled through his first two round matches but did get to watch him blitz Clement :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good interview with him in the studio yesterday, talking about how he prepares for grand slams as if he is going to play 7 five set matches. I don't think dropping sets early will have worried him at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Exactly. Whilst the media underestimates the depth of men's tennis, Roger and Rafa don't. They don't walk on the court expecting to wipe everyone off the court every match. They know that these guys are professionals, and respect them.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best I've seen Sharapova play in a very long time.

Unfortunately her vocal chords are in similarly aggressive form.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's winning the big points now.

If Hewitt can take this 4th he should win. Novak is ill, and is **** in 5th sets anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's winning the big points now.

If Hewitt can take this 4th he should win. Novak is ill, and is **** in 5th sets anyway.
But he can't. On ya bike Lleyton.

Couldn't even beat a sick Djokovic who could barely run :ph34r:

Carn Novak!

On you for the title at $48. Do me proud son!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agreed. But if Yen-Hsun Lu knocks off Roddick, (leads 2 sets to 1) then Novak should make the semis.

Then I'll be sitting in a greenbook and won't care either way.