• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

ashakers

Cricket Spectator
They need a lead of two games to win, so yeah, one of the has to break. No tiebreaks in the fifth set.
Has that always been the case? How could they not see this coming? What if this match doesn't end in 2 weeks, unlikely but what if..

k nevermind.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Has that always been the case? How could they not see this coming? What if this match doesn't end in 2 weeks, unlikely but what if..

k nevermind.
It's just ridiculously unlikely. Seriously, I doubt this will happen again in a thousand years.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS finally...we can get on with the tournament now at last. :laugh:

Was just about to suggest putting tranquilisers in one of the players' drinks to be honest.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Was hoping I'd find out what would happen to the scoreboard if one of the players reached 100.
Heh, according to Wikipedia:
On the second day of play, the courtside scoreboard stood still at 47–47 and later went dark. IBM programmers said it was only programmed to go to 47–47 but would be fixed by the next day.[10] The on-line scoreboard at the official website lasted slightly longer: At 50–50 it was reset to 0–0. Users were asked to "please add 50 to the Isner/Mahut game score".[11]

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just watched the ceremony after the epic. I knwo some didnt like it as they thought the players should have been allowed to leave the court. Personally, I liked it and well done All England Club. Nice touch.

pasag

RTDAS
Just watched the ceremony after the epic. I knwo some didnt like it as they thought the players should have been allowed to leave the court. Personally, I liked it and well done All England Club. Nice touch.
Yeah very nice touch, though went on a bit too long with the pictures and interviews.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
It's just ridiculously unlikely. Seriously, I doubt this will happen again in a thousand years.
IMO its tennis' equivalent of someone scoring 500 in an innings in a cricket match - although given the final scoreline perhaps its more like 600...just an unreal event thats almost hard to believe.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, I was not aware of that.

Wait, so there's a player called Haase? Has he ever played Haas?
Stats show that Haas has never played Haase. There has, however, been seven Woznaicki v Woznaik matches, including two at Grand Slams...