• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
It was a typical Federer loss. He won the first set easily and was broken straight away to begin the second. He broke back and was up three break points at 4-all. Hewitt managed to serve out the game and never looked back. Federer mounted a couple of near comebacks but his forehand abandoned him and Hewitt played much better tennis from the second set tiebreak onwards.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hewitt shoots up to No. 15 seed for Wimbledon. Just needs to avoid Federer and Nadal's sections, and you'd probably reckon he's a shot against the rest of the top eight on grass.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Querrey takes first set vs. Fish in a tiebreak.

Carn Querrey. I'm a bigger Fish fan. but money is more important!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
losing to hewitt on grass! if that isn't the beginning of the end of a fantastic career, i don't know what that is...:no:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of a discredit to Hewitt imo. I watched the highlights, and I know it's only a small sample, but he was playing like Hewitt of old. Admittedly Federer not as superhuman like he has been known to be, but it's not like Hewitt didn't play well. If he can stay injury free for the next few years, and can make a good shot of the top 10 I reckon.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Federer didn't look all that convincing in the semis at Halle. I don't think he likes playing matches on consecutive days like you have to do in a week long tournament.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile, Tomic has qualified for the main draw and Ball is two sets up and Ebden a set ahead against Dent (which would be a massive upset).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And my squealing Azarenka, who was paying a whopping $4.40 vs. Clijsters, is up a break and has just allowed me to greenbook :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AZARENKAAAAAAAA!

Love when the market overrates Williams, Henin, Clijsters etc. in small-time events. Real money to be made if you pick the right moment.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Grass court tennis is so much more appealing than that clay rubbish.

Falla up a break in the first against Federer, 6-5.
Go you Columbian drug lord!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wtffffffffffffffffff

Time to load up on Federer. House is now on the line.

Surely he won't go out first round of his Wimbledon.