• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its really interesting. In my time playing tennis I am almost ALWAYS more nervous and tight when I have to serve to stay in the set/match.

I've lost one or two matches when serving for the match due to nerves, but generally its at 4-5 or 5-6 where I start missing first serves and shanking shots.

Yet many players today, particularly among the women's side, thrive when serving to stay in but the minute they've got to serve to win the match, not only do they miss their first serves, but even once the point is neutralised they'll hit the error, rather than the player who needs to win the point to survive.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Haha, Melzer bumping his chest after Novak slaps an easy backhand into the net.

Wonder what people would have said if Murray or Novak did that :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha I know. First time he's ever come back from 2 sets down to win. He's going to be dead on his feet.

Should be a fantastic game to watch though, from a stylistic point of view. At least for the 1h30 or so that it lasts.

Dydl

International Debutant
Sammy!

Such an awesome, awesome win, apart from that choke in the second set and the really off-aim game that Williams was playing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:-O

Just woke up. When I went to bed Novak was 2 sets up.

What happened? Wow.

Congrats Uppercut!

Uppercut

:-O

Just woke up. When I went to bed Novak was 2 sets up.

What happened? Wow.

Congrats Uppercut!
Tbh I went to do some shopping when he went a break up in the third. Came back to find it was 1-1 in the fifth and had that same WTF moment.

It's awesome though hey :D.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It makes Gabashvili's tournament so much better now that he lost to all-conquering Melzer :p

Man Novak, until I see the highlights I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's getting pretty hard to defend this guy anymore. Piss weak.

You could not ask for a better run to a Slam then he had. I rate Melzer and he's very dangerous and unpredictable, but far out Novak. When the Gods are looking on you like they were this tournament, take advantage.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and I planned on loading up huge on Novak pre-match, but got caught up with Stosur/Williams, and when I checked the scores of Novak/Melzer, Novak was already a set up. I then hit the sack.

I think I got lucky, because I get the feeling that I'm that much of a dick, that I would have just gone to sleep and not hedged my bet and greenbooked vs. Melzer. Thank **** cos I would have woke up and probably broke into tears.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Melzer goes to losing to Ebden at the start of the year to beating Djokovic in a Grand Slam semi final. Unbelievable, really.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sigh, Novak you giant douche :( get your head together son!

Just watching highlights of Stosur v Williams again, how epic were the points from Sam in the 3rd when facing match point & again when she broke Serena!

benchmark00

Piss weak Dementieva, piss ****ing weak.
Haha, never understood how you couldn't just run yourself into the ground when you have something like that in a semi... at least give it a crack next game.

I guess they are so professional that they know when they're cooked, and know that they're only going to miss out on other pay days. Meh.