• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You'd think that, but if being broken after having 6+ match points vs. Federer didn't cripple him mentally, not much will.

I think he really has a good shout here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The worry for Nadal is you'd badk Gulbis in a tiebreak, even on clay, because of how he's serving.

And that's how he lost to Soderling, being outplayed in the tiebreaks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
5-4 Nadal. Had him at 15-30 on that game but couldn't capitalise!

Serving to stay in it now. Rafa is trying very hard to pump himself up. WHAT A COMPETITOR!

WHAT A MATCH!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Nadal still way short of his best. It's going to be interesting to see if his knees will stand up to the rigours of the clay court season - especially the French Open.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
can't believe nadal is 2/5 for the french open, yeah sure he's fave, but i've backed ferrer (100-1) and thinking of others too.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Huuuuuge. Stosur takes the second 6-2 against Henin!

EDIT: And is now in the process of being blown away in the decider.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Stosur had 1-0 and 0-15 in the 3rd set vs. Henin, and then just crumbled. Disappointing.

Ferrer had 5-4 and 0-30 on Rafa's serve, and then lost the set 7-5 and is 3-1 down in the 2nd set. Rain delay right now.

The champions just know how to get out of trouble don't they?

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
First tournament win for Henin since coming back, looking good for the French Open. Stosur had her chances, but just didn't come through in the end against a quality player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Federer doesn't play a 1000 point Monte Carlo Masters, but plays a 250 point tournament in Portugal?

Smacks of a reaction to his Gulbis loss to me, and knowing he needs more clay court practice to me. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Last edited: