• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Heh, well Soderling smashed him.

Man, just makes me wish Soderling didn't have a ****ty first round loss at the Aust Open. Reckon he could have gone very far.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SODERLING!

Past Murray in straight sets. His match vs. Roddick should be kickass.

Ljubicic on a run as well making the semis. Surely Nadal will stop him, but you never know.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a tournament from Ljubicic so far! Can't believe he came back and beat Nadal considering how crap he played in the first set.

Can he knock off Roddick in the final? 4-4 in the first set atm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Put a multi of Rafa to beat Ferrer and Fed to beat Berdych. Paying $1.55

Rafa got up, come on Fed!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He cared then, did you see his face?

Berdych what a gun. Such an unreliable player but when Hawk Eye didn't go his way to give Federer match point, for him to get back on the horse and win the next 3 points in that tiebreak was amazing.

**** you Fed.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
So Hewitt makes a very rusty return in Houston by beating Devvarman 1-6, 6-0, 7-6. I suppose it was to be expected that he'd not be at his best, but I can't help but thinking he's come back way too early just to defend his points from Houston. Would not be surprised to see him break down again before the season is out, unfortunately. :(

Mind you, I'm not complaining he was scratchy. I had $5 on Chela to beat Schwank and Hewitt to win in three at $8.80, so I'm in a fine mood about it. :D

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The clay-court season on the ATP is underway at Monte Carlo. My favourite Federer isn't playing (:() and the field is depleted with Davydenko and Del Potro out injured but Nadal will be looking to dominate this part of the season again.

Nalbandian (he of the sweet backhand and pot-belly) is on the comeback trail and just beat Andreas Beck convincingly. Would like to see him do well here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So good to have Nalbandian back.

Monte-Carlo:

2005 - Nadal
2006 - Nadal
2007 - Nadal
2008 - Nadal
2009 - Nadal.

I see another one. He is looking ****ing awesome. :cool:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but his opponent was terrible today. Saying that, he does look very good.

Murray was a disgrace today, waste of a wild card.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I had $100 on Kohlschreiber at $3.4 :D

When Murray is saying "I've fallen out of love of tennis" you know it's a good idea to go against him on clay. Clearly was going to give up early on clay.