• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
**** you Stepanek.

You are now on my blacklist.
I'm doing a challenge that is on Big Footy where you start with $10 and bet all your winnings on favourites at around $1.20. A lot of guys are having an absolute heap of success there, but I'm just not succeeding.

Was tossing up between Monfils and Stepanek for my sixth bet; went with Monfils and woke to a 6-1 lead. Obviously was damned in both cases.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I had a funny feeling about Monfils (without any actual insight other than it being Monfils) but was reasonably certain Stepanek could beat Dudi Sela, who has been woeful this year.

Obviously was wrong.

Verdasco vs. Berdych an interesting match coming up!

Blake smashing Ferrer on a slower hard court, albeit at home in the USA, a surprise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Novak just saves 3 match points against Kohlschreiber and comes back to win in a tie-break.

What a gun, second time I've seen him do that in the last 6 months. Does not panic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clijsters a break up in the 3rd vs. Kleybanova, then 4-0 up in the 3rd set tie-break, and she loses 7-4.

Once a choker...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm doing a challenge that is on Big Footy where you start with $10 and bet all your winnings on favourites at around $1.20. A lot of guys are having an absolute heap of success there, but I'm just not succeeding.
Trying this again, and for my first bet I'm tossing up between:

Tsonga/Federer @ $1.20
Söderling @ $1.30
Blake @ $1.45

Whaddya reckon, Jono? (fully expecting a stay away from Blake suggestion :p ).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I must first consult my blacklist on who not to bet on when they are a favourite. Federer, Tsonga and Soderling are not there. Blake is. So don't bet on Blake.

I once lost $500 on Soderling vs. Lopez. Sure it was indoor, but the courts are slow, too big a risk. Lopez' serve and volley game, if he properly plays it, could trouble Soderling. I expect Soder to win, but nto 100%

That leaves Tsonga and Fed. Sure Fed lost a set to Hanescu, and Fed has Baghdatis, a tougher opponent than Tsonga with Montanes... but Fed is paying the same as Tsonga yeah? If that's the case, I'd go Fed.

However you're choosing 3 matches if I'm right? Well then I'd go Roddick, Fed and Tsonga. Murray is a lock but he's 1.04 or something silly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw realised this hasn't been posted here.

Anyone see the footage or hear about the Sampras/Federer vs. Agassi/Nadal charity match - Hit For Haiti 2?

**** me did Sampras and Agassi get personal. Clearly they still don't like each other, and considering how classy Agassi had been in the last decade, I think we saw some true colours. Add then Sampras bombinng a surprise serve at Agassi, I mean wow!

Here's the footage: YouTube - Things Get Ugly Between Two Legends At Charity Event "Agassi/Sampras"

Makes you appreciate Federer and Nadal so much more! Sure they're not from the same country so there's less rivalry there, but ****ing hell.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also how ****ing awesome is Nadal, just stood there because he didn't understand anything they were saying:

By this stage, Federer and Nadal were looking distinctly uneasy while the crowd was not Nadal was fortunate enough to miss most of the snide remarks and put-downs.

"I didn't understand anything," he said. "No, that's the truth. They speak very fast for me. I was very happy I didn't understand. I think they try to have fun there. "

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I must first consult my blacklist on who not to bet on when they are a favourite. Federer, Tsonga and Soderling are not there. Blake is. So don't bet on Blake.

I once lost $500 on Soderling vs. Lopez. Sure it was indoor, but the courts are slow, too big a risk. Lopez' serve and volley game, if he properly plays it, could trouble Soderling. I expect Soder to win, but nto 100%

That leaves Tsonga and Fed. Sure Fed lost a set to Hanescu, and Fed has Baghdatis, a tougher opponent than Tsonga with Montanes... but Fed is paying the same as Tsonga yeah? If that's the case, I'd go Fed.

However you're choosing 3 matches if I'm right? Well then I'd go Roddick, Fed and Tsonga. Murray is a lock but he's 1.04 or something silly.
Went with a Federer/Tsonga multi in the end. Fed has a good record against Baghdatis, and Tsonga just pulled through against Montanes.

On the Agassi thing, I didn't really see what was all that bad about it but I think the Back Page guys had it right when they said Agassi had a look on his face when he said it that showed he had nothing else and was just being petty. Was pretty awkward for all involved.

Stosur through to the quarters of the girls' overnight, and Molik goes out in three to Zheng overnight. Really great week for Alicia who might just be able to contend at this level afterall.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Alicia just needs to improve her serve and she will be in much better shape.

Agassi could have quite easily properly imitated Sampras. Shrugged shoulders, stick the tongue out. Instead he made it personal.

And sure, Sampras was a bit stiff (prior to his Agassi imitation) for a charity match, but so what.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Should've gone with the Soderking.

Really interested in that match and Isner/Nadal. Don't think Big John will win, but he's come so far in the last year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah love Isner. One of my favourite players at the minute.

A more exciting version of Karlovic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, was tough to go Soderling considering his poor head to head record vs. Lopez. He's just a bad match-up. Good he beat him though. Can't stand Lopez.