• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah was quite interestingly. Obviously slanted but jeez, Tennis Australia struggled to even defend themselves properly.

Does seem like a bit of a censorship regime going on, it must be said.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh, I cant help but think watching fourcorners sometimes though that they really have their own agenda's. Obviously TA didn't come off great but some of the questions and the way they were worded that were being asked to Pollard was ridiculous.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
That being said, Pollard did himself absolutely no favours. The way he handled the question about sending what was essentially a threatening letter to a ****ing kids' charity was pretty awful.

That being said, I've still not forgiven the **** for congratulating C7 for providing live coverage Australia wide.

Simon

The one part in particular I did fine dire on the reporters behalf was when they were having a crack at Woodbridge for being part of C7's team for the Open, I mean ffs, two weeks of the year and its not like he was killing anyone.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I found the way Woodbridge was treated to be a bit unfair.

With regards to the scheduling of the Stosur vs. Williams match, the fact that TA had to think about their international coverage was not a bad thing. C7 should get the flak, and ergo TA for selling it to C7.

The scheduling wasn't the problem, what was the problem was C7 leaving the match when it should have stayed with it.

Obviously Aust Open is a major intl event and hence if Serena vs. Stosur as the third match will draw more ratings globally then if it is the first match needs to be taken into account.

Simon

Yeah I found the way Woodbridge was treated to be a bit unfair.

With regards to the scheduling of the Stosur vs. Williams match, the fact that TA had to think about their international coverage was not a bad thing. C7 should get the flak, and ergo TA for selling it to C7.

The scheduling wasn't the problem, what was the problem was C7 leaving the match when it should have stayed with it.

Obviously Aust Open is a major intl event and hence if Serena vs. Stosur as the third match will draw more ratings globally then if it is the first match needs to be taken into account.
I agree Jono, I can't see why they couldn't continue the coverage on one of their other digital channels at least. If this was against any broadcasting regulations or contracts they have then it needs to be renegotiated so people have the chance to watch the whole match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah true.

They could have easily delayed bringing back Home & Away one week though. Very disappointing.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know where i can get live scores on the Cherbourg challenger?? I have a multi going and the last leg is Clement to beat Tamke.. Its being played now but cant seem to find any live scores

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm Sportsbet said betting closed at 8:30 Sydney time... oh well guess ill wait till the morning and see if i won...

Simon

You know you have a gambling problem when: You are betting on tennis challenger matches.

It's ok Goffy we've all been there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha you bet we've all been there. This is the first year I've refused to bet on any minor tournaments following the Aust Open.

Baby steps :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha The muilti included a bit of everything, NCAA Backetball, Football, Tennis, Cricket... and it got up :D :D very happy, now i have plenty of money to go to Warwick Farm on Saturday lol

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
James Ward (GBR) d. Laurynas Grigelis (LTU) 6-2 6-2 6-4
Ricardas Berankis (LTU) d. Daniel Evans (GBR) 6-3 6-2 6-1

Doubles
Colin Fleming/Kenneth Skupski (GBR) d. Laurynas Grigelis/Dovydas Sakinis (LTU) 6-3 6-1 6-3

Reverse Singles
Ricardas Berankis (LTU) d. James Ward (GBR) 7-6(4) 6-3 6-4
Laurynas Grigelis (LTU) d. Daniel Evans (GBR) 6-7(6) 7-5 6-0 2-6 6-4

:laugh: British tennis...