• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great tourney Murray, and a better final than three sets to love imo.

But Fed! Honestly, what a complete and utter ****ing gun! These record he's setting are just ridiculous tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That forehand miss is going to haunt Murray for a while.

But Federer's game when Murray was serving at 5-4 was impressive!

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Federer turned back the clock with that performance. That new fitness coach he’s hooked up with deserves a ton of credit because he was moving as well as I've seen him move in years.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to Federer, brilliant really. Had to feel some sympathy for Murray with the amount of expectation surrounding him, though he can take credit in being involved in what I thought was an incredible tiebreaker.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win by Federer, thought Murray was funny before and during the presentation too. Looking at the big screen and laughing when he realised everyone was looking at him after Geoff Pollard had said something and the camera showed him not smiling. Then the 'I can cry like Roger, it's a pity I can't play tennis like him' line was pretty good too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bit of a boring final till the end. Great result though.
Why did you find it boring?

Think Venus vs. Na Li showed close tennis does not equal good tennis.

Thought the match was excellent. Some excellent shots from both players and it was a delight seeing Fed's serving when under pressure.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha no no. I stopped gloating about that one long ago when Jono woke up to the error of his ways.
Haha yeah fully admit that I called Murray being ahead of Federer too early in Feb/March 2009.

No doubt in my mind that Rafa was better than him then, and Novak was pushing during the clay court season too where he was amazing until the French where he fell apart.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Great win by Federer, thought Murray was funny before and during the presentation too. Looking at the big screen and laughing when he realised everyone was looking at him after Geoff Pollard had said something and the camera showed him not smiling. Then the 'I can cry like Roger, it's a pity I can't play tennis like him' line was pretty good too.
Weird that I am still surprised that Sandy Roberts is such a **** - "we won't see any tears from the winner". GAGFC.

Well done Roger. The guy is such a champ. Felt for poor Andy, he was so gutted.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah after all the years Sandy still sticks his foot in his mouth.

On top of that, To ever guarantee that Roger won't cry is like guaranteeing you'll win against the house.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I don't think you can really say anybody's close to Federer based on what happens on the tour. Until he loses at three Grand Slams in a row, I don't think anyone is close to overtaking him. Wouldn't be surprised if he spends the entire year as No.1.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sad thing is we're being denied one of the all-time great sporting rivalries because of Nadal's shot knees. If they're this bad at 23 (?) they're unlikely to improve with the pounding they get.

Always been more of a Fed man, but Holmes needs his Moriarty.